“They could use some customer service training” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tortuga Divers

Tortuga Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Tortuga Divers by Red Sail Sports is located on property at Morritt's Tortuga Club and Resort in beautiful East End of Grand Cayman. We are proud to say that we have the finest diving and snorkeling on Grand Cayman.In 2002, Red Sail Sports invested their capital and expertise in Tortuga Divers and became the only premier operation delivering dive and watersport services island-wide. Through it all, our philosophy has remained the same throughout the years: Give the customer the highest quality service possible.Tortuga Divers is here to serve your diving, snorkeling and watersports needs. We are committed to safe, fun diving and snorkeling and place a heavy emphasis on safety. We are dedicated to protecting our fragile marine environment for future generations. Our philosophy has been to provide each guest with a positive experience and to leave having gained a little more knowledge through this experience. All of our staff members are certified instructors with current Emergency Response and O2 training.Our dive shop is located on the beach of the resort property and has a nice selection of dive and snorkel equipment and other various retail products. We have an air-conditioned classroom and a fresh water pool for training. Our dock is directly in front of the dive shop, and it's only a few steps from the beach and most ocean front units. Locker storage is available for your convenience at the end of the dock, so no need to lug your heavy equipment!People come to the Cayman Islands because of the beautiful clear water, soft sandy beaches and year-round sunshine. They dive and snorkel with us because we offer the friendliest crew and the best equipment to best enjoy these attractions. Let our fun, knowledgeable, and professional staff make your vacation a memorable one. See what other's think of Tortuga Divers here.
Norwalk, Iowa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“They could use some customer service training”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have made about 10 Caribbean dive trips in the last 5 years. Most of them in Grand Cayman and Turks & Caicos. I did 8 morning tank dives from 12/5 thru 12/8 with this dive shop which I believe is owned by Red Sail Water Sports. From the very beginning I was surprised on how they lack the very basics of customer service. Getting on and off the boat the crew offered no help with my gear. Typically you set up your tank the 1st day and the crew does it for you the rest of the trip, however I had to set up my 1st tank every day. Also had to change out my tank between dives every day. I had to clean and store my gear every day, normally that is done by the boat crew or dive shop employees. I have to admit the boat crew very friendly and knowledgeable about the dive sites and critters but I will dive with Compass Point next time when diving the east end of Grand Cayman.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank TerryMoe

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing diving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

We just came back from our diving vacation in Grand Cayman. We booked a diving package without knowing that we would meet this fantastic crew. Very well organized, the dives were absolutely extraordinary and all the members of the crew were excellent, very professional and yet very funny! Great dives, with lots of sea life, including turtles, rays, lots of fish and Caribbean reef sharks. It was my first sighting of sharks and it was spectacular. Thank you Nigel, James, Dave, Sarah and Natasha for the best diving experience ever!

Visited December 2013
Stuart, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tortuga Divers is AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just got back from a week at Morritts diving with team Tortuga Divers. I've been diving with these guys for close to 18 years now and the level of professionalism never ceases to amaze me. These guys are the best on the island. I'd like to add special thanks to James and Sarah for some of the best dives I've had in years. This shop is the best kept secret on the island.

Jim L - Stuart, Florida

1 Thank Jim L
Lafayette, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dive operation on the East End”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have been diving several years on Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman Island, and wanted to explore the East End. We think that Tortuga Divers is the best operation there. They have great boats and equipment, and very helpful and friendly staff, especially the manager James. There is more swell on the East End, but there are also more and bigger fish, too. We saw turtle and shark at least once a day, the wall and swim throughs were fantastic. We strongly recommend Tortuga Divers.

Michigan
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Dive Time Changes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I just returned from a one week stay at Morritts diving with Tortuga Divers every day. Full disclosure - I am an owner at this timeshare resort. I have previously reviewed Tortuga Divers and they continue to earn my respect for a well run dive shop with the diver's safety being paramount. Sometime between my last visit in September 2012 and now, the dive time rules have changed. They used to have time limits on their dives. This has ended. Their dive requirements are now threefold - dive 1 = 100' / dive 2 = 60', no decompression limit of 5 minutes, and be back on the surface with 500 PSI. I enjoyed hour plus dives every time.

1 Thank DivingDavid