“Dive Time Changes”
Review of Tortuga Divers

Tortuga Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Tortuga Divers by Red Sail Sports is located on property at Morritt's Tortuga Club and Resort in beautiful East End of Grand Cayman. We are proud to say that we have the finest diving and snorkeling on Grand Cayman.In 2002, Red Sail Sports invested their capital and expertise in Tortuga Divers and became the only premier operation delivering dive and watersport services island-wide. Through it all, our philosophy has remained the same throughout the years: Give the customer the highest quality service possible.Tortuga Divers is here to serve your diving, snorkeling and watersports needs. We are committed to safe, fun diving and snorkeling and place a heavy emphasis on safety. We are dedicated to protecting our fragile marine environment for future generations. Our philosophy has been to provide each guest with a positive experience and to leave having gained a little more knowledge through this experience. All of our staff members are certified instructors with current Emergency Response and O2 training.Our dive shop is located on the beach of the resort property and has a nice selection of dive and snorkel equipment and other various retail products. We have an air-conditioned classroom and a fresh water pool for training. Our dock is directly in front of the dive shop, and it's only a few steps from the beach and most ocean front units. Locker storage is available for your convenience at the end of the dock, so no need to lug your heavy equipment!People come to the Cayman Islands because of the beautiful clear water, soft sandy beaches and year-round sunshine. They dive and snorkel with us because we offer the friendliest crew and the best equipment to best enjoy these attractions. Let our fun, knowledgeable, and professional staff make your vacation a memorable one. See what other's think of Tortuga Divers here.
Michigan
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Dive Time Changes”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I just returned from a one week stay at Morritts diving with Tortuga Divers every day. Full disclosure - I am an owner at this timeshare resort. I have previously reviewed Tortuga Divers and they continue to earn my respect for a well run dive shop with the diver's safety being paramount. Sometime between my last visit in September 2012 and now, the dive time rules have changed. They used to have time limits on their dives. This has ended. Their dive requirements are now threefold - dive 1 = 100' / dive 2 = 60', no decompression limit of 5 minutes, and be back on the surface with 500 PSI. I enjoyed hour plus dives every time.

1 Thank DivingDavid

Drummondville, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great diving crew”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed at Morritts in October for 1 week and dived 4 days with Tortuga divers. Went to Stingray City on Sunday; only 5 of us on the catamaran. Nice and quiet; lots of time with the stingrays - "Sophie" in particular is very friendly. Crew made us feel at ease. Awesome diving in Cayman - great crew all around. One lady did not feel welll after first dive on first day. Immediately the crew took action and administered oxygen, then called an ambulance which met the boat at a nearby dock. Sure made me feel safe if anything happened to me while diving. The boat is top notch as is the equipment. Great diving op! Fully recommend.

Visited October 2013
Cocoa, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great diving!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

These guys were great hosts, a lot of experience and really were great to dive with. We hadn't been diving in a few years, did a refresher and they really made sure we had a great experience. They set you up with whatever gear you need. Saw 3 sharks, turtles, lots of fish and a great staff. Would definitely recommend them!

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great crew, great dives”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was only on Grand Cayman for four days, planning on a Kittywake dive and Stringray Alley. But I needed to fill in the rest of the time, and I was staying on the East End, so I ended up going out with Tortuga Divers two mornings. It was a great experience; they set you up with what you need (in my case, BCD, regulator, and weight belt) on the ship. They have a comprehensive brief if you haven't dived with them before. They tailor the dive to the group, avoid places people have already been to. I did two wall dives, and two shallower "cave" dives with them. The crew seemed genuinely friendly, helpful, and informed, and all four dives where fantastic.

1 Thank David D
fraser valley,BC, canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“great shop”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

friendly and great company! we booked an evening sunset tour for only 25USD and was awesome, great shop all around.

Visited October 2013