“Best value on the island and I highly suggest!!!!”

Fat Fish Adventures
Ranked #4 of 182 Tours in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Fat Fish Adventures is a family run company. We offer Jet Ski Safaris and Private Boat Charters to Stingray City. Tours are between 2.5Hrs long and 4hrs. We stop at four places on the tour, Stingray City, Snorkeling along one of the reefs, Starfish Beach and through the natural wetlands of Cayman. We are an exclusive company keeping our tours private and personal. Look forward to seeing you in Cayman!
Austin, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best value on the island and I highly suggest!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you only do one thing on the island while your there do this; it takes the amazing scenery of the ocean and mangrove trees, wonderful snorkeling, beautiful beaches with starfish at starfish point, feeding & holding the stingrays at the stingray sand bar, grabbing some drinks & food at a local rum point beach restuarant and combines them all into one fabulous outing that you get to ride jet skis around to. Not to mention for the price it was the best value on the island for doing all of those amazing things. You can get a ski for yourself or get one made for two and just switch out driving which is what we did. It was a blast and I would totally do it again. I highly suggest this.

Rogers, Arkansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lack of attention to details(we got left behind)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

First when I contacted them, everything went well. I booked the Sting Ray JetSki tour and confirmed thru both email and phone. I provided details of our ship name, date, and arrival time and Fat Fish told me to book 11am tour. We took the first tender boat to the shore and got to Hard Rock Cafe before pick-up time we thought, none was there. After few minutes wait, I decided to ask the other tour guide there waiting for their guests and borrowed the phone to call. Ended up Fat Fish already left because there is 1 hr difference between ship time and local time.

I understood this could happen some time. However, when I emailed and called to book the tour, I told them the ship we were on. The ship arrived at 11am local time so there is no way for us to get to the shore thru tender boat and be picked up at 11am. The ship has been going there many times and as a professional tour service, they should know better. I don't know why they would not bother to check and told us to book 11am tour.

So we didn't get to see sting ray and snorkel. The other tour guide was nice and tried to take us on their tour but it's full. We then did some island tour ourselves and saw the 7 mile beach, also snorkeling around the shore which was nice too.

Very disappointed. I wish they would have paid more attention to details. Guests like us may just go to Grand Cayman once lifetime. Being a local tour company, they should know cruise situation better than guests and make the right suggestion.

3 Thank LukeChen
petcarGrandCayman, Owner at Fat Fish Adventures, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We do appreciate constructive criticisim, as it helps us to improve our business, however this review is inaccurate and the accusations towards our company are absolutely false.

The review titled, "Lack of attention to details - we got left behind", is a totally misleading account of the situation that occurred.
Let us explain further.
The ship the guests were on, The Mariner of the Seas, was scheduled to arrive into Grand Cayman, according to the Port Authority Schedule, at 10:00 am Eastern Standard Time.
(We use the Port Authority Schedule to decide which tour times will work for our guests- either 8:30 am or 11:00 am.)
The ship's arrival into port that day was confirmed by the Port Authority to be on time at 10:00 am Eastern Standard Time.
These guests should have had no problem making our meeting time at 11:00 am Eastern Standard Time.
We are not sure what happened to these people, but they did not show up at the scheduled meeting time.
Maybe they confused the time zones, Eastern Standard Time and Central Time- as their ship did originate from a Central Time zone.
For whatever reason they were not there.
We were at the designated meeting spot on time and waited an extra 10 minutes for these guests who did not show.
Even if their ship did arrive at 11:00 am- 1 hour later than scheduled, which is what they claim, we can still not be held responsible for a ship's late arrival. Ship's rarely arrive late and we can only base our tour schedules on their scheduled docking times.
In this situation, we were at the meeting spot exactly as planned and could not remain any longer for them as others in our group, who were there on time, were being inconvenienced.
We believe the 1 star rating we have been given by these people is unjustified and should not be published by trip advisor.
We clearly have absolutely zero control over ships arriving late or passengers confusing time zones.
We would like to have this review removed from Trip Advisor as it is inaccurate and filled with false accusations. This review has also negatively affected our good rating.
Sincerely Peter Jervis
Owner Fat Fish Adventures
Yates Center, Kansas
“GREAT ADVENTURE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had the best time! 6 of us. We booked the lobster dive & Stingray adventure! Captain and crew (Peter & Jordan) were a blast! After diving to catch our lobster...well, some of them dove for lobster...not me(still fun to watch!), we went and swam and played with the stingray. What beautiful water and awsome experience. Then we headed to the restaurant where they cooked the lobster for us! Ummmmm they were delicious! Captain and crew made sure we enjoyed our food and drinks and even sat and visited with us until it was time to head back to our ship. Don't miss this one!!

Visited January 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
“The highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We booked an afternoon tour that took us thru the mangroves, a brief stop at Starfish Beach, a nice snorkeling stop off Rum Point to view coral, lobsters, many varieties of fish, a longer stop at Stingray City and a last stop at Kaibo Beach for a snack. Our driver, the nefarious Ray, picked us up at the hotel and gave us a little running commentary on the way to the dock. He was very entertaining. The morning tour supposedly eliminates the Kaibo Beach stop and is approx 1 hr shorter, so we were very happy to have the extra time on the jetskis. We swapped off driving - it was so fun - took a little getting used to - the faster you go, the quicker you turn - so be aware. We laughed the whole time. Wear goggles or sunglasses that fit close to your face - and have a strap so you don't loose them in the wind. We always felt safe - the water is not that deep and you are in a very large bay. The trip details - Starfish beach had no starfish when we were there but Ryan - being a good tour guide, drove around the corner and TADA! found a starfish. It was dead but it generated a great deal of interest in our group. Guides might keep a stash for days when there are no live starfish. But we had a nice swim after our ride out there, then we went snorkeling - there were lots of things to see as I mentioned earlier - this was definitely worth it. Then another FUN ride over to Stingray City. It's a little scary having 4ft rays swimming towards you for a snack. Eventually I fed and held one. One on one is easier than being in a big swarm - but we're glad we did it. My hub definitely thought this was great and was proud of me for not thrashing thru the water in escape mode and screaming during the experience. Then a really fun ride over to Kaibo Beach for refreshments - more fun because I was driving. The jetskis are a little sensitive but that's what makes them so exhilarating. Then a long ride back to the dock - it was not long enough for me - I would stay out there for hours. I can't wait to get back to Grand Cayman and Fat Fish - this is something you should book before you get there and do it on the first day. That way you will be able to book more trips with them later in the week once you find out how addicting and fun this is. Much better than riding back and forth in front of your hotel. Next time we want to try the Lobstering tour by jetski. This was a great tour company - they were laid back but a lot of fun.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exhilarating!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Finally, an excursion designed for a younger crowd - away from the jam-packed, slow-moving, and, frankly, boring tours I've become accustomed to!

Fat Fish Adventures is not for the faint-of-heart. The low ratings seem to be from folks who didn't do their research beforehand, and have little experience on jet-skis and/or are not thrill-seeking types. There are many people who wouldn't like this excursion for those reasons. However, my husband, my 16 and 9 year-old sons and I (I'm 41) went on the stingray city tour and had an amazing time. It took a few minutes for our 9 year-old to get used to the speed (it's a fast 7-mile ride out into the ocean, full-throttle the whole way), but once he got used to it, he had a blast!

My favorite excursion EVER! And, the stingrays were great too. ;)

Visited March 2012