“Great food and view!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anegada
Cow Wreck Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Anegada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We spent the afternoon enjoying the beach at cow wreck. We did not spend the night though! Ms. Bell and her family were great host while we ordered lunch and drinks. The food was very good and they made several delicious drinks! There is nothing fancy about cow wreck but you can't beat the views and secluded beaches. There is also some great snorkeling. A wonderful day at the beach!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Moody323

Reviewed April 13, 2013

When you dream of the most beautiful beach with the most beautiful water, here you go. The sand is so soft, powdery white, the water turquoise blue, not crowded. Fun little beach bar/restaurant. I hesitate to even tell people how much we all loved this beach. We sailed to Anegada on our trip and stayed for 3 nights. We had reserved a truck to toodle around and went to this beach along with Lolbolly and Jack Beach. Loved it so much we rented it again the next day and went back there for the day. Brought a picnic with us, nice chairs, shade, sun, swimming, snorkeling, kite boarding and of course a few drinks at the Cow Wreck bar where the owner is so nice. I could get lost here for a long time....sigh.

Room Tip: There are a couple of little cottages right on the beach that I would love to stay in.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank janeynm
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at Cow Wreck March 1st-8th, 2013 and loved it. The location and view is out of this world. It does not get more remote yet safe than that. Bell and Lauren (mother and daughter) running the place are very friendly and helpful.

There is no wifi except by the ferry dock but the phone reception was good.

The villa has a decently equipped kitchen, nice basic bathroom, another bed room with sliding doors wardrobe and comfortable bed. The kitchen area and "living room" area create one large room. Over all the set up is nice. The porch is in the shade most of the day, which is great as we just relaxed there when our 18 months old son was taking his afternoon nap.

The beach is about 10m away and is more or less your private beach. People who come to Anegada by sails boats grab a taxi and come to have some drinks or food at the bar here so when you had too much solitude you can easily socialise.

Swimming in the ocean is great, safe with mild current moving to the left. I tried some stand up paddle surfing on the reef - not bad. I also kitesurf in a squall (9m kite) but if you plan to kite, I'd bring also an 11 or even 13m one. You will have a better chance to ride. We also took the little one to the ocean, chased the waves on the beach and he loved it.

Lauren arranged for a jeep for us which was necessary to get around the island for dinners, grocery shopping and exploration.

Lauren's response times are slightly slower but that might be to the relaxed mode in Anegada and when she is busy.

Depending on the wind direction, definitely bring mosquito repellant and if you have a little one, mosquito net!!! Just after dusk and before dawn, they go mental and then just disappear.

Overall, an amazing place and one of the first places we plan to come back to for our family vacation. We have travelled the world and this place is stunning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Jan V
Reviewed December 6, 2010

We sailed to Anegada from the North Sound and spent the afternoon at Cow Wreck Beach. They picked us up from Lil Bit and transportation to and from the beach was free as we were staying for dinner. It had been very windy and wavy that week and there had not been too many boats sail out to Anegada. Bell said we were the only people she had seen all day. She agreed to make us dinner and we were the only two there. My girlfriend said the lobster was the best she had ever eaten. My ribs and chicken were delicious as well. This is a spectacular location and spending just a few hours has the power to recharge your soul. Thank you Bell for a lovely day and dinner!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank OKSailor
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Tranquility and beauty are found at Cow Wreck Beach Resort- not luxury. It is an amazingly gorgeous location, very isolated and peaceful. The lobster is delicious but there are few other culinary treats on the island. Cow Wreck is perfect for a rustic honeymoon or romantic getaway.

• Stayed: March 2007
3  Thank atravelergal
Reviewed May 9, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Cow Wreck Beach Resort (in the "Hidden Treasure" cottage) for 2 weeks in April 2008. This cottage was almost brand new, having been completed in December 2007. it includes an air-conditioned, sparsely furnished bedroom, a small seating area that serves as a living room (with a futon on one side and a couch on the other side) that is located adjacent to an open kitchen and open dining area. Please note that although the kitchen is advertised as being fully equipped, it did not include a "blender"! Guess why? It took me a while to figure it out, but I believe that I discovered the reason. Every cottage that I've ever rented has included at least a modest blender. But, if there was a "blender" provided in the cottages at Cow Wreck, guests would have been able to purchase their own booze and mixers on Tortola, and, they could then make their own "tropical" drinks; instead of paying Cow Wreck for them at the Cow Wreck Beach Resort Bar.
Our cottage was rented for $2,060 per week including tax. We wanted daily maid service, so that added $175 per week, but that did NOT include cleaning up the “cow patties” that were liberally distributed by the free-roaming livestock, all around our cottage. Laundry service is also available at an extra charge. NOTE: there is a water spigot and foot bath located directly outside of each cottage. Do NOT attempt to use this water spigot to provide water to the famished and dehydrated feral cows and burros that visit Cow Wreck every day. We innocently fed them water (having been offered no information to the contrary by the owners or staff), and, we incurred the wrath of Bell Creque (the owner of Cow Wreck). Trust me on this one, you do NOT want to incur Bell Creque's wrath.
The cottages are all located perhaps a 100 feet from the most incredible beach on Anegada, with fabulous shallow water. The turquoise color of this water is so beautiful, that any of my words will fail to do it justice. As previously mentioned, there is also a beachside bar and restaurant at Cow Wreck. The cooking and food is mediocre and the prices are very high (i.e. $14 for a bacon cheeseburger and $12 for an order of conch fritters). We sampled the highly touted conch fritters, the bacon cheeseburger, the bbq'd ribs and the chicken. In my opinion, the conch fritters or the bacon cheeseburger at Neptune's Treasure Restaurant are far better tasting and considerably cheaper. The Neptune's bacon cheeseburger cost me $8.00 as did an order of their conch fritters. The bbq'd ribs or chicken at Dotsy's Bakery in The Settlement area also served as much cheaper and better tasting alternatives for us.
Aside from the "Hidden Treasure" cottage there are two other cottages that are definitely in need of upgrading. Neither of the other one bedroom or two bedroom cottages had air-conditioned bedrooms.
The owners of Cow Wreck (Bell and Wendell Creque) describe their facility as being a "RESORT". It’s not, as the entire facility consists of only 3 cottages and a bar restaurant. The gorgeous beach is open to the public, to the best of my knowledge; although there is a very tacky sign located at the entrance, that was posted by the owners of Cow Wreck, and, it admonishes visitors to refrain from "bringing their coolers onto the beach". On the website http://www.cowwreckbeach.com the cottages are defined as being "VILLAS". They’re not. They are only modest cottages.
This review, of course, is only a reflection of the subjective experiences and opinions of the author.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
22  Thank Zabar1
Reviewed July 4, 2007

This review is long overdue. My daughter and I stayed at Cow Wreck for 4 days in March and we loved it! We stayed in the one bedroom cottage which was very clean and neatly furnished. The bech was calm and safe for swimming so I din't have to stress over watching my daughter like a hawk. We were there during the time Anegada had rolling black-outs - but I understand that has all been fixed now (the Island's power grid). Belle was an absolute joy to get to know and prepared some of the best food! All in all we had a wonderful time at Cow Wreck and would love to come back and stay here again

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank njmom23grls
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anegada
Anegada Beach Club
Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection
Bitter End Yacht Club
Bitter End Yacht Club
#1 of 1 in North Sound

Been to Cow Wreck Beach Resort? Share your experiences!