“Paradise found”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anegada
Keel Point Cottages
Boston, Massachusetts
“Paradise found”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We just returned from a week at Keel Point Cottages where we had an idyllic vacation. The villas are lovely and had everything we could ever want or need to cook and relax. The location is right on the beach. There is a beautiful gazebo with one wall that blocks the wind, a great grill and a dining table. We spent many evenings cooking and eating there as the stars appeared in the night sky and the ocean sang to us.

We walked miles on the coral white beaches without seeing any other people. The snorkeling is good but the reefs all around the island seem to have suffered some recent storm damage. Just the same, we did see some beautiful corals and fish.

Our hosts, Lucia and Rudolph, were wonderful and even picked up beer for us from Tortola!

Food is scarce on Anegada and many people order food to be brought over on the ferry from Tortola. We opted to bring our own food, which was much less expensive and probably fresher, too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank FatChance_12

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed at the Keel point cottages at the beginning of November 2013 and even though it rained every single day (a lot!), we still loved Anegada and the Keel Point Cottages. It was exactly the island we were looking for to get away from people.

The owners, Lucia and Rudolph are super sweet and we couldn't have asked for better attention to detail and better service. They picked us up from the ferry dock, gave us the jeep that comes with the cottage rental, and escorted us to the property. We were the only guests there! And we got the best cottage, facing the beach with amazing views of amazing water.

The cottage is well sized with a separate bedroom, bathroom, and living/kitchen area. Only the bedroom is air-conditioned, but that's fine because you can open the door to the living/kitchen area and cool it that way. Rudolph picked up groceries for us before we got to Anegada so we were able to make coffee and have breakfast and snacks in our cottage.

The Anegada Beach Club, a brand new hotel right next to the Keel Point Cottages (but not so close that you could hear anything. Like a 5 minute walk down the beach) has an excellent restaurant with very friendly staff.

Snorkeling on Anegada wasn't the greatest, but perhaps that was because it rained all the time. We did snorkel right off the Keep point cottages and found no reefs and thus nothing good to look at. Snorkeling right off the Cow Wreck restaurant was much better as there were some live reefs there and therefore colorful fishes.

Anegada is amazing and I highly recommend visiting this unique island while in the BVIs.

Room Tip: Do not come to the BVI in November as it is the rainy season! Eat at the Anegada Beach Club restaur...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malgosia_Gosia
Opole, Poland
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Was just perfect! Starting from the hosts: incredibly kind, caring but also absolutely respecting privacy, Lucia and Rudolph - perfect hosts. My luggage got delayed for a couple of days and Mr. Rudolph just took a ferry to Tortola (approx 1,5 hours each way) and brought my suitcase! That was so kind, and in general they were helpful with everything, yet not intrusive. The cottages are super comfortable, bright and the cleaning service is excellent. You need to bring your own food but that's actually fine - the food in Anegada is overall not too exciting. Me and my fiancee are not great cooks but the kitchen in our cottage was equipped with everything possibly needed, so even we did quite well. There is also a nice barbecue place to have some grilled fish or meat. There're a couple of small food shops in Anegada but we bought most of the stuff in Tortola, and the market delivered everything to the ferry going then to Anegada. That was very convenient. The Keel Point place itself is stunning, the beach is very quiet and the water is amazing, both with respect to temperature and colour! There is a little garden so overall it's just a perfect, remote place to rest, to be away from noise, internet and hustle. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We got the cottage closest to the beach - was the best one I think :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nokesville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I've been back to Anegada twice now. I'm in love with the place. Rudy and Lucia are so accomodating and all you have to do is ask and your wishes are granted. The tranquility of the island is amazing. My first stay last February 2011 - when I arrived at Keel Point - I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The beaches are the most beautiful I've seen. The cottages are very spacious and well maintained. I don't want anything to change but I know Anegada is being discovered. All the restaurants have fantastic food (lobster is out of this world). The locals are very friendly. I went back again this past February 2012 and encountered Nature Man walking along one of beaches. We took our chairs to all the beaches and tried them all out. All are our favorites. Traffic - cows, donkeys, goats and chickens! Flamingos are beautiful. Snorkeled almost every day. Anegada has become my addiction. I plan on going back every year I can. Recommend renting a car while you are there to experience this precious gem.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank chambasue
maryland
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Ok, so when we called Keel Point to make our reservations, Mr. Francis didn't ask for a deposit (or even for our last name). Suspiciously, we asked him for a confirmation and my review title is how he responded. ;)

The trip getting to Anegada was somewhat of a hassle, but an adventure nonetheless. If you're a good sport, you'll take it in stride. Mr. and Mrs. Francis were waiting for us at the ferry dock when we arrived; we followed them back to the cottages in our rental jeep (hope you can drive a stick shift). The 15-minute ride gave new meaning to the phrase "off the beaten path". We laughed the entire ride hitting potholes, and forcing herds of cows and donkeys out from the middle of the road. Watch the pothole at pole #114 (private joke, sorry).

We stayed in a 1 bedroom cottage for 2 of the 7 nights of our trip. We were extremely fortunate to have the property to ourselves as there were no other reservations during that time (Wednesday - Friday). The beach here is very good, but not one of the best on the island. We chose Keel Point for its seclusion, and for this, it's second to none.
Having the entire north side of the island to ourselves, being on the beach and in the water knowing there is no one around for miles was (almost eerily) amazing.

If you love beaches, you'll leave Anegada never seeing a more beautiful beach the rest of your life. You will walk for miles and pass only a few people along the way, if any. From Cow Wreck beach to the Flash of Beauty/Big Bamboo stretch at Loblolly Bay to Pomato Point...each one is beautiful and unique in its own way.

Stay here, drive around the island, eat lobster at Neptune's Treasure and/or Potters by the Sea. You won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sheila4171
Exeter, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 28, 2009

My wife and I arrived on Anegada directly from St. Thomas, courtesy of Fly BVI Air Charters. The pilot met us as we entered the terminal building from our American Airlines flight, helped us find our luggage and escorted us to our waiting airplane. How easy was that? The flight to Anegada was a joy and took only about 30 minutes. Perfect.

Arriving at the Anegada Airport, we were greeted by the friendly Customs & Immigrations Officer, then Mr. & Mrs. Francis ('Dolphy' & Lucia). The formalities were easy and in two minutes we had loaded our baggage into the waiting 4WD rental car followed the Francis' to their property. The cottages are located about 5 minutes southwest of the airport. My wife and I have spent 5 years vacationing on this island, but had not stayed at this location previously.

Entering the property from the 'main' road you cross a fence-line complete with a drive-accross livestock gate to keep the goats and cows off of the property. Dolphy has lined the entrance and driveway with solar powered lightsand a variety of native flowering plants and palms. As they mature, the effect will be that of a beautiful tropical tunnel. As they are young plantings, they are attractive and welcoming, especially returning at night.

Our cottage, a one-bedroom, was located central to the property. Mr. Francis had us park the vehicle on a pad right beside our front steps. The buildings have all been freshly painted in a soothing, coral pastel shade with crisp white trim. We found the cottage, just as thr grounds, well-kept and very clean. All of the furnishings look new. The bed and bath linens were plentiful and fresh as well.

The kitchen had everything we could want to prepare our own meals on the nights we decided to stay in. There was a nice toaster, microwave and conventional ovens, a blender for making your own 'boat drinks', plenty of flatware, utensils and cutlery. Dishes enough to serve 6 or 8, including glassware - we never wanted for anything here.

There is a terrific gazebo (see my pictures), with a windbreak wall on the east side. The brand-new stainless steel grill is as nice as any I have seen or used, and could cook for any holiday feast. Mr. Francis welcomed our request to use the out building, so we purchased a nice steak and all the trimmings for a grand BBQ on our thrid night in Anegada. Arriving home near sunset, we found that everything had been prepared for our use. The huge table and chairs had been uncovered, wet bar sinks and countertop cleaned and outdoor utensils standing at the ready. What a treat! This is a great social space, where we met our new neighbors and enjoyed cocktails and a relaxing meal.

Our stay on Anegada could not have been better. My wife and I had all the privacy we wanted, many miles of secluded white-sand beach to the east, yet only a 40-minute walk, or two-mile drive to the Cowreck Beach Restauarant & Bar to the west. I highly recommend this property. We were thinking how nice it would be to have our whole family take over the Keel Point Cottages for a grand holiday.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank flightbrief
Massachusetts
Reviewed September 19, 2008

I visited Anegada in June of 2008 and stayed at Keel Point. I enjoyed every bit of my stay there. I love the owners Rudolph and Lucia Francis; they were very helpful and friendly. They help made our stay comfortable and wonderful. Whatever we needed they were there to help. My cottage was nice and clean, and had everything i needed. We also had a rental that was all inclusive with the price of the cottage. The area where the cottages were located was nice and quiet. There was no noise, just the sound of the ocean. The beach was only steps away and it was never crowded. It was so romantic even with my kids there. The island is small but the people are very nice. I did eat out and love the shell fish and couch. They were my favorites. The owners of Keel Point were like family. We got along very well. And i can't wait to go back. I wouldn't stay at any other place. Yes the road is not pave to the cottages but I think the place is worth the drive. You can visit their website and contact them at:

• Liked — Have a car to get around with no added expense.
  • Disliked — Didn't have one bad experience
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Shy-Girl-12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anegada
Anegada Beach Club
Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection
Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Rosewood Little Dix Bay
#1 of 7 in Virgin Gorda

Been to Keel Point Cottages? Share your experiences!