“Simply sublime”

Lobster Trap
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Anegada
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open air dining on a deck overlooking the Anegada moorings. Fresh Grilled Lobster, Steaks, Trigger Fish, Pastas, Salads, Burgers & Sandwiches. Please reserve and place dinner orders by 5pm.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed two fantastic meals at the Lobster Trap during our stay on Anegada and everything was superb; the service, location, solitude (we had the place to ourselves for one meal), range of drinks and, of course, the amazing food. We enjoyed a fish platter on one night which was delicious to the very last mouthful, and a simply sublime lobster on the other night. Now, I have never been overly impressed with the spiny lobster I have had in the Caribbean before now, but this was something else – highly, highly recommended! For some reason my wife and I left it until quite late to eat at the Lobster trap, and I wish we had visited sooner!

2  Thank Bruce M

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My party of six was given a lovely table right on the water surrounded by lights. So the ambiance could not be better here. Music was great and not too loud as it was in another place. Our service was with a smile too. We ordered our lobsters by 4 when we booked our reservations so we just showed up and the table was set for us specifically and the food service began. Everyone raved about the lobster! It was a melt in your mouth tender. Never had any of us had such a large portion of lobster either! This is a must experience place to dine on Anegada and it was the best meal of the whole ten day trip and not our only lobster either. Be sure to have their key lime pie too! Price was reasonable for what you got. Other places we dined at were close to the same and not as great. Want to go back someday!

4  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Wilfred makes the best lobster on Anegada. What a romantic location with a great sunset view and a table over the water on the pier.

3  Thank Emilio_VI_STT
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had a lovely evening meal here in April 2013 for my 35th birthday. There were 16 of us, including eight children, and the staff were brilliant at dealing with the kids. They sat on a separate table but we hardly had to do anything as the waitresses helped them with their food and got them seated etc. They have a kids menu and also do 1/2 portions of the mains such as mahi mahi (which was incredible and went down a treat with our lot). The food came quickly for the grown ups too the lobster is to die for: really sweet and juicy. I know everyone raves about the lobster in Anegada and they are not lying. We spent a few months sailing around the Caribbean during winter 2013 and ate a lot of lobster, but nowhere was it as tender and tasty as at the Lobster Trap. It is fresh, caught that day especially for you, which is why you have to book a table and order your lobster in advance. As well as great food, the atmosphere is lovely. You eat right on the water, within spitting distance of the yachts in the anchorage and the restaurant is lit up with fairy lights. We also brought our own wine, which is always a winner. I would highly recommend this place for dinner (did not visit at lunch but I imagine it would be fairly quiet).

3  Thank Manfreda P
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Sailed into Anegada and immediately were visited on board by several local restaurants wanting to have our dinner business. We went to shore, toured the beach restaurants and selected the Lobster Trap, primarily due the the table settings and personality of the owner. We were not disappointed! The Lobster was excellent, servings and presentation were second to none and the service was spot on. Wether it was the traditional Lobster dinner, the Surf and Turf, or seafood plate, everyone was extremely satisfied. Dinner was followed by a good selection of excellent desserts providing a complete and awesome experience. I cannot recommend Lobster Trap enough, it was worth every cent paid!

2  Thank Olivan12