“Awesome Wildlife Tour”
Review of Sea It Clear Tours

Sea It Clear Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Gumption’s Experience is run and hosted by a passionate Virgin Islander and entrepreneur. Gumption provided a positive lifetime experience either on his glass bottom boat or his nature adventures on Necker Island. Gumption is a true loving of the BVI and everyone who connected with him couldn’t have agreed anymore. Experience the Magic of the BVI (contact Gumption for a lifetime experience today.
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Great day had by all. I brought eight of my charterboat guests out to Necker Island. We saw giant tortoises, flamingos, and of course several species of lemurs. It was spectacular to see the natural beauty of the island. Gumption was a plethora of information. Looking forward to the next tour.
Captain Don

GumptionTours, Owner at Sea It Clear Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2016

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the timeout to review us. Your feedback is very important to us.
As a young business both excellent and other reviews are important to me and my business. I'm truly happy that you found the Gumption to book with us; we are delighted you and yours had an amazing time. I genuinely love my job and what I do. It's beyond making money to me; it’s my passion as a BVIslander to protect our natural resources and also my responsibility as a business. I will continue to do what we're doing and always do it the Gumption's way for that way appears to be working well for us. I really hope one day I'll see you guys again but until then do enjoy the rest of 2016.

All reviews
"eagle ray"
in 7 reviews
"sir richard branson"
in 14 reviews
"an excellent tour guide"
in 4 reviews
"fat virgin"
"small group"
"oil nut bay"

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We joined Gumption at Gun Creek marina on the north end if Virgin Gorda for the ride to Necker Island. We enjoyed some great music on the way along with pointing out sites, and then as we got close, Gumption started playing a recording of Richard Branson talking about everything from the purchase of the island to its current and future state - a great touch to begin the tour! The access to the island was unprecedented from the full island hike including seeing the flamingos, tortoises and lemurs!! Gumption continued the tour with detailed explanation of the wildlife and vegetation with his and Richard's passion for protecting these species, in particular the lemur population, paramount. It was wonderful to see Richard but I'd have to say the highlight for me was our time with Gumption and our time in the lemur enclosure!! Having these little creatures crawl all over you while feeding them treats was a unique experience!

I would recommend this tour and his glass bottom tour (especially the tour just after dusk!) to any and all! Gumption is a rare find and unique individual - you don't want to miss the opportunity to enjoy time with him and the access he has given his wonderful demeanor!

Miss you already G!!
Ben

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Went with Gumption on his Necker Island tour, and loved every second of it. Gumption worked with our last minute scheduling and actually took us out on his day off. The tour was a bit pricey, but almost all of it goes directly to the lemur fund, turtle conservation, and other charities that Gumption is involved in, and is ABSOLUTELY worth every cent. While on Necker island we got to pet and take up close and personal pictures with giant tortoises, three different breeds of lemurs, and a blind flamingo named Lucky. We also saw several iguanas, parrots, some gorgeous scarlet ibis, and a giant flock of flamingos. Not to mention the stunning views and architecture on the island. (The one request Gumption made was that we not take pictures of any of the people there, because the high profile guests staying on the island value their privacy greatly.) After our Necker tour, Gumption took us out just for fun to two of his favorite glass bottom tour sites. We saw two old cannons off a shipwreck, two turtles, and a nurse shark in about 15 minutes. Next time I'm back in the BVI I am definitely doing his regular day and night tours, and would highly recommend Gumption to anyone traveling in the area!

1  Thank Baylipod

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Went on the wildlife tour on Necker Island with Gumption. He is wonderful. Would recommend ANY trip with Gumption and I will definitely be back for more tours with him. Amazing value for money.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We also were fortunate enough to do the "limited edition" Necker Island tour. Absolutely amazing - the island is lovely, but it's Gumption's passion for it that made the trip what it was. I've previously done his glass bottom boat tour and it, too, was awesome.

A trip with Gumption is a must do in Virgin Gorda!