“Gumption is the Best! This is a MUST DO in the BVIs.”

Gumption's Tours BVI
More attraction details
Owner description: Gumption's Tours BVI is the ultimate experience that we believe everyone should sign up for. Gumption, captain & owner is very passionate about given you a tour that will have you coming back for more, either if you book for the basis hour glass bottom your, half or full day chater you will have a wonderful time. Looking for a bit of a thrill? Gumption's Night Tours at night where we witness the beauty of the ocean & not forgetting, if you don't see 5 sea turtles you don't have to pay, tour will be on us. Need an adventure? Ask about out limited Edition tours to the Virgin tycoon Island Necker the owner Sir Richard Branson as Gumption leads you on a two hours long, fun,learning adventure as we vist the tycoons lemurs, flamingos, giant tortoise and more, wow after that long journey Gumption will bring you to the tycoons house where you will have a cold glass of fruit punch and cold water as you gaze around the gift shop. The Gumption's Nature Tours are unique and limited, with 6 or more person on a tour, more information on our website. Half or full day of snorking, island hopping and lunch stop and a cool stop is also welcome. Private chater? No problem. Drop us a line and let us secure you're space today
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We went on Gumption's Limited Edition Necker Island Tour and loved him and his glass bottom boat experience so much that we went back out with him and my entire family for a night time excursion. The Necker experience was unbelievable. We fell in love with the lemurs and giant tortoises on the island. Then he took us to the caves and we even saw the Wreck of the Rhone (I would never have been able to see this because I am not a scuba diver). We took my entire family (including 3 year old niece, 8 year old niece and two 12 year old nephews) on the night time tour. We saw 9 turtles (including the "ancient one") and a nurse shark. Gumption is a wonderful, totally uplifting and energetic guide. He is also the next best hope for saving BVIs turtles. Many people do not realize totally endangered turtles are hunted during a turtle hunting season in the BVIs. Gumption and Sir Richard Branson are working together to end this unconscionable practice. Gumption knows many of the local turtle fishermen and is the person who has the very best chance to help save these turtles. I totally believe in Gumption and am a fan! Save BVIs turtles and have the best glass bottom boat experience you could ever imagine- who could ask for more during your BVI vacation?

GumptionTours, Owner at Gumption's Tours BVI, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2016

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the timeout to review us. Your feedback is very important to us.
As a young business both excellent and other reviews are important to me and my business. I'm truly happy that you found the Gumption to book with us; we are delighted you and yours had an amazing time. I genuinely love my job and what I do. It's beyond making money to me; it’s my passion as a BVIslander to protect our natural resources and also my responsibility as a business. I will continue to do what we're doing and always do it the Gumption's way for that way appears to be working well for us. I really hope one day I'll see you guys again but until then do enjoy the rest of 2016.

All reviews
"eagle ray"
in 7 reviews
"sir richard branson"
in 14 reviews
"an excellent tour guide"
in 4 reviews
"saba rock"
in 9 reviews
"small group"

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had a GREAT night out o Gumption's glass bottom boat! We saw a large nurse sharp, turtles and a eagle ray! we were so impressed with Gumption's ability to know where to find all of them in the dark. he first heard the ray as she surfaced and them we saw her under the boat. Great experience
Maureen, Jim, Brian, & Katherine Reilly

1  Thank Maureen R

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We took a private Sea It Clear Tour one day and an exclusive Necker Tour on another day and both were outstanding and fun-filled times! Gumption is filled with local knowledge and wonderful stories--and is blessed with an truly interesting group of friends! He also knows where every interesting dive/snorkel spot is and can get you to just about any sea life you'd like to see. He knows the waters around the BVI and is better than any chart in showing you where you can take your boat! Most importantly, he will customize around your needs/desires and with his wonderful personality, you can't help but have a splendid time! Sea it Clear is a must do--even if you brought your own boat or dive tanks!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We took a day trip with Gumption and, having Richard Branson's blessing, we were allowed to visit Necker Island, after several wonderful snorkeling spots. Lunch at the Fat Virgin, one of our total favorites. All in all, with Gumption's adorable smile, warmth, helpfulness, the amazing experience of visiting Necker, being with our wonderful friends, both US and Italian, well, it was a superb experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had the pleasure of being part of one of Gumption's Wildlife Tours on Necker Island, by Sea it Clear Glass bottom Boat. The chance to explore the Flora and Fauna of Sir Richard's Branson's Necker Island was a once in the a life opportunity we couldn't pass up. Gumption was a wonderful host/tour guide. This is a must do if you have the chance!! As these tours are a limited edition.. There was so much to see.. Flamingos, Giant Tortoises, Scarlet Ibis, and several species of Lemur.