Just got back from a week in heaven, otherwise known as Virgin Gorda's BEYC. The room was super-comfy, the staff was friendly and helpful (especially the watersports folks) and the location can't be beat. The food was delicious and plentiful.
Having said that, here are a few things to keep in mind if you are planning a trip:
1. There are two types of rooms - the more expensive and less expensive. I would HIGHLY recommend spending the money to get one on the better side. We stayed one night on the "cheap" side in a somewhat ugly room with a broken bathroom door and a toilet that barely flushed. It was also located 243 steps up from the main area. Then we moved to the "good" side and the room was a million times better. We only knew the difference because my husband and child had been to BEYC in the past. SPEND THE MONEY. Also, the stairs to the "good" rooms are much more manageable and the views are wonderful.
2. Virgin Gorda is incredibly relaxed, lovely and perfect in my opinion. HOWEVER, if you're looking for non-stop entertainment this is NOT the place for you. There are a million things to use to play in the water during the day and the beach is fine but not the most incredible spot ever. At night there are movies for kids and exactly one bar to hang out in. It's a place to play at in the day and then relax at night. Oh, and there aren't any TVs in the room (thank goodness if you ask me) but some highly plugged in folks might be horrified.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bitter End Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bitter End Yacht Club Hotel North Sound
- Bitter End Yacht Hotel
- Bitter End Yacht Resort
- Bitter End Yacht Club Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands