All reviewsbitter endwater sportswatersports staffkids campsnorkeling tripsvirgin gordathe key lime pielobstermain restaurantour honeymoonprickly pear islandbeef island airportbiras creekcan't wait to go backthe general manageroverlooking the watermary jo
Reviewed August 20, 2009

My whole family loved this resort. My 13 & 15 year olds loved the sailing, snorkeling and they even learned to scuba. My 8 year old was happy sailing with my husband, building sand castles, swimming in the pool and his favorite time was outdoor movie night right after dinner. The staff was friendly and the food was great. It was great to have our family completely unplugged and everyone seemed content.
Tip: We flew into St Thomas and had a captain with a powerboat from Sea & Ski take us to Virgin Gorda. For a family of five it doesn't cost much more then other modes of transportation and so much more fun snorkeling and stopping for lunch.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Metromum
Reviewed August 3, 2009

First things first, make sure you check out my short video of the sights at BEYC and around Virgin Gorda.
My wife and I just returned from a fantastic trip to Virgin Gorda and BEYC (July 2009). This trip we were looking for a vacation full of water activities and excursions, which is exactly what we got. Yet even more impressive were the rooms and great views we enjoyed every day. The wrap around balconies were definately the best part of Bitter End. Each morning began with a coffee ritual after waking up to the sounds of a breeze whispering through the trees, while singing birds and rolling surf from the distant reef seranaded us to start another day. The evenings were spent the same way, although the coffe was replaced by a cold beer and rum punch and a setting sun.
The resort itself was very clean and the staff was great. Running a close second behind the fantastic views were the excursions (included with the Admirals plan). Although we are not sailors we enjoyed cruising the North Sound in our small boston wahler (also included), and joined many of the excursions including, super snorkel, Anageda, sunset sail, and a sail to The Baths. All were fun and included food and, of course Rum Punch. If you take the Anegada trip, be prepared for a whole day (probably my least favorite). I also did 2 days of diving, (Extra) and highly recommend a day at the RMS Rhone.
I f your looking for big sandy beaches with lots of swimming and snorkeling off the resort than BEYC wouldn't be my first choice, but there's plenty of swimming and snorkeling on the excursions and around the nearby islands. Believe me there's PLENTY to do. The nightlife was mellow, but we did go in slow season so the resort was not very crowded, which was perfect for us. Also, we had a room with no AC but were fine our windows/ sliders were never closed and it actually enhanced the stay giving us the feeling of sleeping outside. The resort leaves you with the feelin of visiting a small cozy village as oppossed to a mega resort.
MY FAVORITES:
FAVORITE SPOT: Hammock on balcony
FAVORITE FOOD: Pumpkin soup with Johnny Cakes
FAVORITE HIKE: Guys trail
FAVORITE EXCURSION: Super snorkel and (Diving the Rhone)
FAVORITE STAFF: Guy from "Yacht Shots"

Again, check out my short video tribute.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BeachKing1
Reviewed June 15, 2009

The Bitter End Yacht Club is amazing and helped to make our honeymoon a wonderful memory we will cherish forever. There is so much to explore in the British Virgin Islands and all of it can be accessed from the Bitter End. Between the scheduled group trips to various places to being able to rent a boat for a day to expolore yourself, the Bitter End gives you the means to see all of the BVI.
The people were top notch and accomodations were perfect.
THANK YOU BEYC!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We went there for our honeymoon..Top Notch was a phenomenol time. Food was great, staff was great. recreation there was off the charts.. All around a wonderful relaxing enjoyable vacation! Cant go wrong !

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2009

An absolute gem of an island/resort. Five star activities, accomodations, service, etc. We plan on going back this coming winter.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends