$180
Hotels.com
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
$99
  • Pool
All reviewsbitter endwater sportswatersports staffkids campsnorkeling tripsvirgin gordathe key lime pielobstermain restaurantour honeymoonprickly pear islandbeef island airportbiras creekcan't wait to go backthe general manageroverlooking the watermary jo
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We came down for a Honeymoon in June. I had sailed to & stayed in the North Sound. I always had a great time at Bitter End. I wanted to take my husband on a vacation of lifetime as he is not as well traveled as I am. So, I knew that we needed to go The Bitter End Yacht Club. I went in with some idea of what to expect as I had walked to beautiful ground before, but let me tell you, we were floored. Our room was at the high, far end of the North side of the Resort, it was a hike but we needed it after all the massive, delicious meals that we ate. The Hike was more than worth it. Our view was spectacular. We arrived to our room in the dark and what we woke up to was incredible. Not only was the view great, but our balcony had two wonderful Chairs and a Hammock. The room was exactly as it should be: clean, comfortable, functional and- at least for us- Romantic. Why would you want to be inside at all when your at a place like BEYC?

I have read a lot of reviews about the food being mediocre... I don't not know if it was because we were there in the slower season or if those other reviewers are just very particular, but our food, every meal, was great. Our dinners were Amazing. Not one bad meal, not one okay meal. all great. The service was also great, the staff knew our names from the first full day we spent there and we became attached to their great personalities and humor! Every morning we were seated at the same table, our favorite table, simply because the host heard us mention how amazing it was the first morning.
The activities were well planned and so much fun! Mostly we stuck to ourselves and ventured on our own, but we did make it to Anegada and on a Snorkel trip, both were incredible. We also went on a great hike with wonderful Views that lead us through part of Biras Creek resort. One day we took a water taxi and a car taxi to the Baths and spent our day adventuring and snorkeling there.

The only thing that was hard to handle at BEYC were the occasional guests who were snobby. though the staff dealt with them with the upmost grace. We had no idea how anyone could be anything but grateful to be in such an amazing place, doing things that a lot of people rarely have the chance to do. AVOID SABA ROCK if you feel the same way as us. Its gorgeous and unique but lots of rude people who put a little damper on our appetizers. You will find this type anywhere, of course. Just be happy people!!!

We still talk about our trip quite often. The perfect Honeymoon. We can not wait to go back and bring the baby we are expecting and our now 2 yr old with us.
Thank YOU BEYC staff for giving us such an amazing experience and look for my Parents in FEB 2014

Jess & Tony Olds

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jess O
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a great time at the BEYC and would go back in a minute. However, the resort is definitely not luxury and was more rustic than expected. We stayed in the beachside cottages and they were open air and right on the hillside. Definitely take waterproof shoes to wear most of the time, quick dry clothing, and be prepared to have sand in everything. Due to intermittent rains the last few days we were there, our clothing never fully dried.
For water sport enthusiasts, the BEYC cannot be beat. They have a fleet of sailboats and paddleboards to select from. They also have two beautiful beaches with swimming areas plus a pool. The snorkeling excursions were exceptional.
The kids camp was great and they had a blast! The hours (9-11 and 2-4) did not line up with activities for adults. One parent would stay behind or we would team up with other parents to watch the kids until the adults returned from activities (like snorkeling trips).
Overall the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help. Only a few restaurant servers were less than helpful by taking an extremely long time to bring the kids drinks, or not refilling water. Most were super friendly and helpful.
We had a few maintenance issues in our cottage early in our stay. We were likely the first guests in the cottage for the season. The issues were resolved, but without apology or concern from the staff.
The setting on the North Sound is absolutely beautiful and the BEYC was a great place for an active family vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hilary T
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been coming to The Bitter End for several years. I have kids and we stay in the beach front cottages. It is paradise. So relaxing and beautiful. My kids are now 8 and 10 and they can run around and explore safely. They love the kids club. I love the daily snorkel excursions. They are included and last around 2 hours, it's just the right amount of time. The day trips to the Baths, Anegada, and Jost are all amazing. I recommend the beach front rooms. They cost more but feel like an exotic tree house with privacy yet they are completely open with breathtaking views. The staff are great. Sandra went out of her way to get us a delivery from Tortola and Mo is a peach. The food is good and the service is not hurried, so order a painkiller, relax and enjoy the sunset from the beachfront dining. For lunch it's fun to grab a boat (included) and motor over to The Fat Virgin, about 10 minutes away, for the best chicken roti in the area. At night they have movies for the kids and the Pub bar has music, but it's not much of a nightlife hot spot. That's fine with me. It's a bit difficult to get to, but it's worth it. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lizinlakeview
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Lovely stay, would definitely recommend weather coming by boat or plane. It is a great place to forget the rest of the world and just enjoy the beautiful waters. Food is great too. Also great jumping off spot for the rest of the BVI's, but you probably won't want to leave this resort.
We have been here several times and look forward to coming back next year.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I have been going to the Bitter End every January, for our winter vacation, for the last 18 years. It is about as close to heaven as one can get. Everyone there is friendly and even remembers our names. The facilities are terrific especially the water sports. Plenty of different types of sailboats to use depending on your sailing experience. They have sailing lessons for those who want to learn. The food is great,and plenty of it, and the rooms varied but all very nice. They provide lots of day trips and there is always the great beach if you just want to relax. If your a sailor The Bitter End Pro-Am is an out of this world experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family