Book now, pay at stay
$150
Free cancellation until 07/27
$175
Hotels.com
Fort Burt Hotel(Road Town)
Free cancellation until 07/28
Book now, pay at stay
$99
  • Pool
All reviewsbitter endwater sportsthe pubwatersports staffkids campsnorkeling tripsvirgin gordathe key lime pielobsterhobie catmain restaurantlaid backlots of funsunchaser scubaour honeymoonprickly pear islandbeef island airport
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I recently attended a wedding at the Bitter End Yacht Club that was superb. Although the wedding activities only spanned over 3 days, my partner and I decided to head down a few days early to relax and enjoy the resort, which was certainly a decision we didn't regret. The resort itself is beautiful and well maintained. I felt as if we were on a secluded island that majically provided access to all sorts of amenities.

The wedding and the activites surrounding it were of the most excellent quality. The wedding coordinator MaryJo was phenomenol. Even though we weren't the lucky couple, the staff treated us like we were. As far as wedding events, we tok a sailing trip to the Baths on their catamaran one day and we had a gorgeous cocktail party abourd their larger boat at sunset. The BEYC was on point for every event and made sure all logistics were accounted for. I would highly recommend this special place for a special day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Seth K
Reviewed July 3, 2013

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! I cannot saw enough wonderful things about my wedding at the Bitter End. Mary Jo Ryan is amazing. She took my vision and turned it into a reality. Mar and Mike from Yacht Shots are incredible photographers. We cannot stop looking at the pictures. They captured every moment. I was only going to have them for part of the wedding but made them stay right to the end. Our wedding was truly a Fairytale. Everyone had an amazing time and cannot stop talking about our wedding, The Bitter End and how much fun they all had. My 5 year old nephew has decided he is moving to the "Virgins Island"..lol It might be a bit further than other wedding destinations but they make you feel like family and everyone goes out of their way to make sure you are having a good time. When we kissed all the boats in the harbor started honking their horns. Where else do you get a moment like that. The food was amazing and the desserts super yummy. Our nieces and nephews have some nut and dairy allergies so they labeled all the food that were nut and dairy free. They had dairy free bread for my nephew everyday and made him special cupcakes at the wedding that were dairy free and had blue frosting and sugared fish on top. He was super excited there was something special there for him. If we could have we would have partied all night!! DJ Heavy B kept everyone out on the dance floor. Even the girls working the wedding got out on the dance floor with us. Thank you Bitter End for a wedding and memories we will never FORGET!!!!

Room Tip: I personally like air conditioning so we stayed in the Premium Beachfront but most of our guests stayed in the North Sound Suites as they are the only other rooms with air conditioning. The views from either of these rooms are amazing. The North Sound Suites are a little bit of a walk from the main dining room but after all the food you are going to eat the walk is nice. Or you can always get a golf cart to pick you up.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Scubagurl412
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My stay here would have been romantic had I not been traveling with my girlfriends. We upgraded & got a cottage/sea view. If you are deciding between the two, it's worth the sea view cottages or forget it! Waking up in the morning with the ocean before you is breathtaking & you have the cottage all to yourself! I have stayed at a few other hotels at the BVI but this is the only one I experienced where I woke up and the water was before me. Waking up early & swimming in the water for hours was my favorite pastime. The private beach is quite nice here & renting boats is easy to do at the watersports booth & we would take the boat to Spanish Town or another island to try different restaurants. For those who are not familiar with the BVI, what makes the island special is that it implements green policies that you will not find in the US Virgin Islands. The resort is extremely eco friendly and does not rely on AC (controlled fan) and that is something you should be aware of. I often get hot easily & I had no problem staying in these rooms. What I really liked is before my stay they sent me a drink & food list to order in advance of my stay so it was in my room when I arrived. I thought that was convenient & given many food and drinks are slow boated to the islands; the prices were reasonable. Now if I wasn't with my girlfriends on vacation; this place would have been extremely romantic!

Room Tip: Ocean view cottage! Ocean view! Ocean View! Cannot stress this enough!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I honeymooned during early June and had the Admiral's package. We both loved it and are looking forward to our next opportunity to return. Weather was great, hardly any rain and a great steady breeze all day and night. June was their offseason, so it was much less crowded than in their busy season.

The Admiral's package included 3 meals per day, access to all boating fleet including Boston Whalers, catamarans, kayaks, small sail boats, paddleboards, etc, daily snorkeling trips, champagne on first and last nights, one private dinner, dinner cruise, and several other small items.

We had a little trouble getting there due to flight delays, but we talked to the BEYC staff and they arranged for a ferry to pick us up later than usual at Tortola. Upon arrival at the ferry, they phoned in our dinner orders, which were waiting on us in our rooms once we checked in along with complimentary champagne.

We stayed in a Garden Cottage, which was wasn't on the beach, but was higher up on the hill and provided an amazing view and allowed for a steady breeze in the room. The room itself was very nice and always clean. The best part was the porch, where there was a hammock and two beach chairs to lounge and read in.

The food was very good, especially breakfast. Although, not 5 star food, we had absolutely no complaints. The service was very good as well. Several servers really stood out as excellent, but a couple were indifferent.

Several things stood out/Recommendations:
-Daily snorkeling trips were fantastic. The 2 captains were top notch, accommodating, and knowledgeable.
-Day trip to Jost Van Dyke and the Baths. Highly recommend going to either or both. Jost and the Soggy Dollar Bar was one of our most favorite parts of the trip.
-Be as active or lazy as you want. We were active, whether snorkeling, fishing, or boating most days, but we had a couple days of reading on the beach or pool.
-Take a boat out for a day and island hop to different beaches or head to Saba Rock during happy hour.

Several things to keep in mind:
-Although it was mostly comfortable in our rooms without A/C, it could get somewhat hot without a breeze to cool you off. Next time we will upgrade to the Premium Beachfront Cottages.
-Plan for the ferry rides to be longer than 30 minutes. They told us it would only take 30 minutes from Tortola to BEYC, but the ferry was sometimes late and had other stops to make so it was closer to 45 minutes to an hour one way.
-Drinks are not included in the Admiral's honeymoon package, so be aware that the drink prices are higher than most.
-Go to the market when you get there and buy water bottles and anything else you need for the week.

It was an overall excellent trip and we highly recommend it. Beautiful location, access to as much water recreation as you want, great food, great people, and great weather.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank j h
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Rachel and I spent the first week of our Virgin Islands honeymoon at Bitter End. It was an excellent choice and well worth the travel, cost and time. Time stood still while at BEYC, that is until we had to leave.

Our North Sound cottage was terrific -- private, cozy, incredible view. Loved the restaurant -- wonderful staff that goes out of its way to please and assist. Were invited to join Mo for one of the first Monday manager dinners -- special multi-course meal, really incredible food and company. Everything to eat at BEYC was fresh, well prepared and plentiful.

Water sports galore -- we took out a kayak, a whaler and Rachel took a windsurfing lesson. Lounged at both beaches and the pool, the latter at which we enjoyed the company of Martin. Have a painkiller, a bushwhacker or five!

Excursions are unforgettable -- went snorkeling twice, to the Baths twice and unfortunately missed Anegada and there was no trip to Jost or Norman the week we were there. Be sure to jump off the top of the vessels wherever you're moored, awesome fun!

Random tips:

1) Sundry items are available but super expensive on site, so take all needed items with you.
2) Get a meal plan.
3) Definitely take advantage of all the excursions and activities.
4) Hit up the spa for a massage.
5) Hike the trail to the top of the "mountain" at dawn or dusk for a truly incredible sight.
6) Check out the happy hour at Saba, but be aware the ferry runs on Saba time.
7) Stay as long as possible.

It's fantastic at BEYC for couples and equally fantastic for families. We will return again. And again.

Happy to answer any questions!

Room Tip: North Sound cottages generally require a steep uphill walk, unless you receive a ride on a golf cart. Even with wheeled transportation available, I would not recommend for non-fit individuals. Amazing views, very private, though!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple