Bitter End Yacht Club
$150
$210
$204
Hotels.com
All reviewsbitter endwater sportsthe pubwatersports staffkids campsnorkeling tripsvirgin gordaboston whalerthe key lime piedaily excursionshobie catslobstermain restaurantlaid backlots of funsunchaser scubaour honeymoon
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My wife and I spent a week at Bitter End for our honeymoon. The weather and scenery made it perfect for the occasion. We were able to get away from it all! But we were also able to do just about anything water-related. Great swimming (in the Caribbean or the resort's pool), snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, and endless options for sailing. We took the basic sailing course at the resort's accredited sailing school, and within a couple hours, my wife and I were sailing on our own.

The rooms were rustic and well-kept. No air conditioning in ours, but you never would've known thanks to the constant sea breeze. The staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable in answering any questions regarding the resort or the BVI. The food was plentiful. Although if you deviated from the restaurants on the resort, meals got a bit pricey, but we expected that, being isolated on an island chain.

Overall, it was a great honeymoon experience. And we're already discussing a return trip, especially once we start a family.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ndaltman
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My wife and I spent a week at the Bitter End. It was our first time staying there and it couldn't have been better. Sail, Swim, Eat, Read, Sleep in beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We just returned from the most amazing vacation at the Bitter End. We stayed in a premium beachfront villa and although having air conditioning was wonderful, I'm not sure we needed it with the wonderful breeze that blew across the beach. We were there in low season so it was not crowded and we had easy access to all the "water toys" and excursions. One day we were the only ones to show up for a snorkle trip and figured it would be cancelled but they took us out anyway!!!! I can't say enough about the friendly staff especially Kinto and Sassy. There were numerous others I would mention if I could remember their names especially the folks working in the restaurant. We had so much fun at mealtimes and the food was delicious. It was also fun to visit with the other folks who were vacationing there, many of them coming back for a third or fourth time! I can't say enough about this resort. There is something to do every minute of the day and if you just want to relax, you can do that too. I can honestly say this was the best vacation I have ever taken!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank HobNob35
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Our visit last November was our 3rd stay there, and we had visited twice before to rent a sailboat. If you like to sail and snorkel or dive, this place is a bargain. They have a large selection of Hobie's, keelboats, windsurfers and kiteboards, plus kayaks and Whalers. There are 2 snorkeling trips, plus one longer excursion every day. The service is almost always excellent, though sometimes a little slow at peak dinner hour. We always stay in the Beachfront Villas, which are open air. We like them for the view, constant sea breeze and no need for a/c. If you need a/c, you should probably pick the North Sound Suites. Food quality and variety is very good to excellent. I've researched all the other resorts in the Caribbean and no one else includes such a large variety of watersports, at no extra charge.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
10  Thank John R
Reviewed June 12, 2011

we stayed at BEYC for the first time early April 2011, two adults two teenagers. Overall we would strongly recommend BEYC as a destination. The scenery, water-related activities, and people were wonderful. As with any resort, it wasn't perfect but the positives far outweighed the occasional negatives. Positives - the staff with few exception (rare cleaning staff were less than pleasant) were pleasant and helpful, the outdoor activities - scuba diving, snorkeling, boating were great; the half-day and day trips were very enjoyable, some aspects of the dining were very good, it was quieter and more tranquil than most caribbean vacation sites. Negatives - the menu choices were limited at times, through probably our own fault we were a bit confused whether to tip or not. Regardless strongly recommend the place to travelers, we greatly enjoyed our time there. Met numerous familes coming back for repeated visits. Might easily be the most scenic part of the caribbean we have seen.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family