“DO NOT STAY HERE....RUDE HOST”
Review of Villa Noue

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mancioux
Villa Noue
Ranked #1 of 1 Mancioux B&B and Inns
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“DO NOT STAY HERE....RUDE HOST”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We were told not to arrive before 6pm, we turned up 10 minutes early and sat on the sun chairs outside, the owner came out and greated us with a harsh HELLO and we appolised for being early and that is why we didnt knock on the door.
I would not answered any way and my Husband is still a sleep, we were shown to the room, which was small with a toilet on one side mo basin and a shower and basin on the other, as it was sunday night I was stuck so we stayed. We stayed in our room like two naughty school children until dinner, we went down at 19.15 as we was not told what time dinner was.
The dinner was simply, other french customers were put out by this woman, after breakfast I said we are ready to leave, she said YOU ARE GOING TO PAY ME, I had to then walk up to another level to look at the bill while she waved it at me
DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO FEEL HORRIBLE
I made the mistake hopefully I can stop other people

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Garyss
Mancioux, Owner at Villa Noue, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
On reading your ‘review’ I wonder what you expected when you booked a night in a restored farmhouse.

Our rooms are quite adequate and I would have thought one shower, wash hand basin and shower were sufficient for a couple too.

As far as check in time is concerned most hotels give you a preferred check in time, partly for staffing levels and partly to avoid ‘no shows’. Ours is 6 – 7 pm which we find suits most people, in order to freshen up and perhaps have a drink before dinner. We also need to time to tidy up after lunch and sometimes do some shopping.

That particular evening I came down surprised to see you already on the Terrace as, if you recall correctly, I said I was sorry I would have been down earlier, but I had not heard your car, you then explained you had left it at the rear of the building and I opened the rear terrace door to allow you easy access to your baggage.

On showing you to the room I suggested you could come down for a drink whenever you wanted and that dinner service starts at 7.30 pm.

Concerning payment, as you were packing the car, and some hotels deduct their charges in advance from clients’ credit cards, not something we practice, I just reminded you that I had an account for you. No unjustified I believe.

The French customers in the dining room were all regulars and have been back many times since. I feel your ‘review’ in unjustified and obviously you expected a purpose built hotel with 5star service for 100€ a night, bed breakfast and dinner for two!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed with Sue and Cornelious for ten days at the start of our long holiday in France - felt like a bit of pampering before we went to the house we had rented in Mauvezin and had to fend for ourselves. It was a great decision! We were made so welcome from the very start, given a very confortable quiet room and with the excellent meals from Cornelious's kitchen too we were more than sorry to be leaving when it was time to go. Sue even sent us off with a huge basket of veg so that we would not have to do massive shopping at the new place. Some weeks later we brought our UK friends for a return visit overnight so that they too could have a Villanoue experience. As new visitors to the area it was important that where we stayed was reasonably close to whereever we arrived in France and relatively easy to find as it takes some time to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road. It was also important that the area have lots of interesting places to visit - Villanoue met all these needs too with a wide variety within easy reach - from Roman ruins, Mountain resorts, Cathar castles, Walled towns, ancient market places and only about 1 hour from Toulouse and - of course the food and wine the other major reasons for visiting France. We are hoping to have a return visit next year.
Mike & elizabeth Fish - Sydney, Australia

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MOBI1_11
Lezignan-Corbieres, France
Reviewed May 2, 2011

En route for Spain on minor roads, we wanted to make an overnight stop, and found the Villa Noue at Mancioux. The owners made us very welcome and our room in this delightfully renovated, stone house was charming, retaining its character, but with the mod. con's. you expect. The food was delicious and nicely served in the pretty restaurant, which appears to be popular with local people, as well - always a good sign.
We really enjoyed our stay, and would definitely come back to the Villa Noue.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Living in Australia for the past 12 years we were out of practice with holidaying in rural France.However, a friend had recommended Villa Noue and it looked like a classic french farmhouse retreat. We arrived at Toulouse airport in torential rain and were very worried about finding the place. However, we had been sent impeccable directions and found our way to Mancioux without any drama apart from the weather! Our hostess, Sue, was waiting on the doorstep to welcome us as we got our of the car. She proved to be very knowledgeable about the local area and had numerous suggestions for day trips - we visited Toulouse itself on a lovely sunny day and crossed through the Pyrenees into Spain to visit little local towns whcih were mostly geared up for skiing but provided us a fascinating day of discovery. When we said we were interested in walking,Sue had a host of ideas for exploring local villages and countrysides - even providing detailed written guides in french and english so that we could walk around the countryside and enjoy the incredibly beautiful local scenery. Her husband does all the cooking and sources everything from the local markets - a list of the days/times for these was also available so we could go shopping if we wished. Mealtimes were flexible to accomodate our plans and we enjoyed everything we ate at Villa Noue.The food at every meal was mouthwateringly presented and wines were offerd to complement everything. We especially enjoyed the local delicacy - foie gras - presented with a sticky sweet wine as a regional speciality.
Our accomodation was simple,spotlessly clean and sun filledy and we slept like logs for the whole time we stayed.

Room Tip: Enjoy an aperitif in the gareden before lunch.
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Nestled in the midst of the French countryside, not far from Toulouse; sits a charming little B&B called Villa Noue. Very peaceful and quiet. Spotlessly clean with a soothing ambiance that isn't typical of many B&B's I've visited. Every meal was a leisurely experience. Nice table linens in the dining room, which overlooks the gardens and flowering shrubbery. I enjoyed every bite!
My room was airy and light, and yet kept the rustic charm of the original farmhouse. I slept very well. Thanks to proprietors, Sue and Cornelius my visit to France holds happy memories, as they went out of their way to make my visit enjoyable and comfortable.

Room Tip: Book well in advance!
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We only used the restaurant so I cannot comment on the accommodation...We saw the Villa Noue's website and thought it looked like a pleasant place to celebrate of 23rd wedding Anniversary...We arrived at 1245 for lunch. Sue, an English Lady and one of the co-owners, I believe, welcomed us but from then on it went downhill. There were three other tables occupied so not overly busy!...Sue did what she had to do in taking our order but her manner was very cold and unfriendly. In fairness the food was nice,the meat was cooked well and felI away from the bone, my only criticism if any, in reference to the food would have been the lack of accompanying vegetables or salad but then again that's a personal preference.....But it was a shame for us and for the Gentleman preparing the food that the experience was let down by the rude service. I tried to start a conversation with Sue but to be quite honest she appeared not interested, even simple questions were answered as she walked away.The Auberge's open plan lounge was just behind a wall from the restaurant area. I believe Sue's Mother was staying, as I heard her say Lunch would be at 3pm. After our meal I had asked if we could have our coffee in the public lounge area as a previous diner had done..."Oh No" was the reply.." That couple know my Mother"...We ordered coffee, by which time we were the only people in the restaurant, which again seemed an issue when I was trying to ascertain what was the choice...to be which she curtly replied with her back to us "just expresso"...I could go on but I won't...Lastly the bill was brought to us without us requesting it, so we paid the bill and left....In the six months of being in the Toulouse area, we have been very impressed with the friendliness and service we have received but sadly this was by far the worst experience since we have arrived. I work in the tourism industry and I am always looking for places to recommend, the VIlla Noue, however, will not be one of them, purely down to the service ...Moreover sadly our Wedding Anniversary lunch was not quite the expereince it should have been!

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sure_10
Mancioux, Owner at Villa Noue, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
I am only sorry that your unhappy lunchtime has only just come to my attention. I can only apologise for what you obviously took for my rude behaviour. My only excuse is that I was under a lot of pressure that day trying to run the business and entertain my family on the occasion of my Mother's 87th Birthday at the same time, with my sister and bother having a private party in the adjoining lounge, hence the unusual refusal for coffee in the salon.

As to the food, I am pleased that you enjoyed what you had but with a three course menu at 17.50€ the dishes always come with potatoes or rice and extra vegetables as available can be ordered as a supplement.

I am pleased to say that we have recently been awarded the coveted classification of 'Auberge de Village' and that we have been working happily in the Mancioux for over 8 years with lots of repeat 'business' and 'local' customers.

I do hope that you will come again!

Travelers are raving about these Mancioux hotels

Been to Villa Noue? Share your experiences!