“GREAT LOCAL PLACE”
Review of Coconut Junction

Coconut Junction
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: Owner's Name is Angie. It is VERY local, and relatively new. PLEASE LET ME WRITE A REVIEW, MORE PEOPLE SHOULD EAT THERE.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

5 of us went for dinner and ALL of us were very happy with the food, service and setting. So good, very reasonably priced and such a nice change to SEE the open kitchen....so clean!
I would DEFINATELY recommend Coconut Junction

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The food was very good; I had the chicken and my husband had the BBQ ribs. The sides, however, were the best part of the meal, 3 with each entree! The only downside was that the rum punch drinks were $10 each and we neglected to ask how much they were before we ordered so our bill was a bit of a shock. Angie came over to our table when she saw us trying to figure out the bill and said the $10 was because we had to pay for both the rum and the punch. I'm pretty sure we got low season gringo prices :) Ask pricing first and then enjoy your meal! Lesson learned.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is the kind of place I love to find in the Caribbean. Very simple, no frills, just the real thing all done amazingly by one person. Angie (a Virgin Gorda native) is a one woman wonder, serving several meat options and authentic sides every day - lunch and dinner.

The Creole Grouper I had for dinner on my visit was as good as anything I ate during my stay on Virgin Gorda this trip. Peas and rice and her salad with homemade dressing were perfect sides.

I tried the Stuffed Plantain as well, also delicious. I talked food with her a bit and everything she makes sounds wonderful, would love to try more of it (Friday night Jerk Pork seemed quite popular). She is a awesome cook and gracious host. If you want real Island food at very reasonable prices, this is the place.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We came here because we wanted something different than the typical touristy places and we read amazing reviews here on TripAdvisor. We're so glad we came! It was the best meal we had on our whole trip.

It's a small place with a few tables. It's not fancy. The owner comes and introduces herself (her name is Angie) and tells you what she made that night. The menu changes daily which is so cool. The night we went she said it was BBQ night.

My husband had jerk pork, corn on the cob, rice and beans and Johnny cake (fried bread). I had the curry fish, mac and cheese, plantains and Johnny cake. Our portions were huge! We couldn't believe we got so many sides (when she first said 3 we thought it was 3 between the two of us). My fish was freshly caught white fish and the sauce was so good I wanted to lick my plate. The pork was really good but a little fatty. The Johnny cakes were fabulous (not too greasy). The rest of the sides were also amazing. Even with the massive amount of food, my plate was completely clean. I think Angie was impressed with my eating skills LOL.

We saw a bunch of people come in for take out but we were the only ones really eating there. We loved it. The value for what you got was excellent (our total bill was $35 which is the price of an entree at a touristy place). If we had more time on Virgin Gorda, we would have come here more than once to try different things. For us, repeating a restaurant on vaca is not something we really ever do (we like to try different places) but we would have come daily if we could have just since it was so good and changing daily.

Everyone who goes to Virgin Gorda should go here. It really should not be missed. I was disappointed our hotel did not recommend it to us. Even when we asked about it she was pretty indifferent. This place should not be missed and I will not ever stop saying that.

3  Thank Laina990
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Local home cooked food- prepared with love! Come eat what the locals are eating. Can be taken To Go also.

1  Thank Mattandmel1