“Come to Coconut Junction for an excellent meal!”
Review of Coconut Junction

Coconut Junction
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: Owner's Name is Angie. It is VERY local, and relatively new. PLEASE LET ME WRITE A REVIEW, MORE PEOPLE SHOULD EAT THERE.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a great dinner here tonight of red snapper, plantains, carrot rice, and coleslaw. One of the best meals we've had here and very affordable. Angie, the owner, was very welcoming. I highly recommend you plan a visit at this great, local spot!

1  Thank Kristina355

Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I vacation on Virgin Gorda as often as possible and Love to eat the local cuisine though as most visitors can be a bit sceptical at times. We asked Kuanda at the Yatch Harbors Music store where was the best local fare ,since the place we used to frequent closed up, he directed us to Coconut Junction. We were not steered wrong. Angie is a master at what she does. Have never had a meal there we didn't enjoy. That was 3 visits ago . a trip to the island would not be complete without several meal prepared by Angie. It is always encouraging when most of the business you see while dining there are the locals on their way home from work.Her prices are more than fair. We're excited to go back in April next year to see the changes she told us she would be making to her menu and to meet her new helper. She has been a one person crew to date, cooking, clean , shopping and always with a smile. Thanks Angie , see you in April.

1  Thank bonnie c
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Short walk south from the yacht harbor was worth it. Food to make your tummy happy. Limited menu, but no worries. She suggested the lemon chicken and we were not disappointed.

1  Thank Alan R
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We spent 10 days on Virgin Gorda in July. It was a great trip and being in a villa, we did not eat out much. We found Coconut Junction early in our trip, and later we considered every other possibility for dinner and ended up returning here. This is not a fancy place, but it is clean with a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Angie makes all the food she serves and does not have a printed menu. She will come and tell you what she has that night. Our first night choices were BBQ Chicken, BBQ Pork, BBQ Ribs, Snapper in a mushroom cream sauce, and Chicken in black bean sauce. I had the Snapper, he had the Chix in Bean Sauce. Both were fantastic. I think mine was a little better. Angie will then offer you a choice of sides. I had salad at both visits and it was always fresh and crisp and the dressing delicious. We also tried beans and rice, lentils and rice, yellow squash, and avocado. All good. I don't think she has a permit to sell liquor, perhaps you could bring your own. She did have a local drink one of the nights which was Soursop, a pureed local fruit. Yummy. I cannot forget to mention that on Friday and Saturday nights she makes Johnny Cakes, but get there early for them as she sells out quick. Being fried, I thought they would be greasy, but these were light and not greasy at all. The price for all of this could not be beat, around $14 per meal. Considering other prices on the island, this was unheard of. Many people come here for takeout, and we also picked up extra pieces of BBQ chicken for another meal at the villa. All excellent. Oh, our second trip I had jerk chicken, and he had Mahi mahi in a tomato based sauce. Again, all winners.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I don't think there is a bad restaurant on the island, and every one we tried was wonderful. Coconut junction is the ideal place for an early dinner or late lunch.

1  Thank Manon M