“Cranky staff, awful coffee”
Review of Daisy McBeans

Daisy McBeans
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Westerose
Cuisines: American
Description: They don't have a website but I found more information at: www.thevillageatpigeonlake.com
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I keep on trying Daisy McBeans because I want to like it, but every time I go in, I am bitterly disappointed. This is the fourth time I have been there and I was 'greeted' by surly, cranky staff. This is a typical experience at Daisy McBeans for me, as everyone that has served me there before was also cranky. I asked for a latte and a couple of items to go. The latte was watered down and completely tasteless, which was frustrating given that they are not cheap at Daisy McBeans. Like some other reviews, maybe I'm just hitting them on a bad day, but this is the 4th randomly selected bad day. My advice is to save your money and go elsewhere.

1  Thank Bonasa

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Good old home style cooking. Excellent for breakfast or lunch. Loads of homemade pastries, pies and cakes, and of course ice cream. Do not expect to be waited on, you give your order at the counter, find a seat/table and they will bring it to you. While you wait, take in all the wonderful atmosphere, and listen in to the locals, who gather here every morning for coffee. Don't forget to stock up on the candy that you can't find just anywhere. This is a "one of a kind" place.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Daisy McBean's has been highly recommended to me. I was very disappointed. I ordered the eggs benedict. The sauce was obviously not home made and from a mix; totally flavorless.
The eggs were ok, but the English muffin was stale and the back bacon, cold and not heated through. The potatoes were cold and tasted like they were from the day before.
They have a huge state of the art espresso/latte maker so no reason for a watery terrible latte. Like I said, maybe it was an off day, but I spent $19.00 and definitely not worth it. The waiter/cashier could have been friendlier and at smiled.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

You won't find a better breakfast around! The scrambled eggs are cooked to perfection and don't get me started on the pies.... They are to die for!!! Whenever we come to the lake we make sure a stop here is on the agenda.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

If the line up out the door isn't an indication that the food is good, then what is. We waited in the line up for ice cream. While in the line we did get to see what others were ordering, and everything looked good. Everything from fudge to sticky buns, including sandwiches, etc....
Ice cream is either hard or soft, with reg or sugar cone, or even a bowl if you desire. Oh and yes it was very good, many flavours as well.