“Great spa weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Westerose B&B and Inns
Edmonton
“Great spa weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our weekend at the Inn. Very clean, friendly and accommodating staff. The trails right out your back door were great! We had our little dog with us and it was perfect for us. Bed was very comfortable pillows were awesome I wanted to take them home, lol. The spa was very reasonably priced and the staff was professional and clean! The location was perfect for us as its only an hour drive from Edmonton! The first night we were at the inn we ate at Pappa's CookHouse, not good at all, my husband was a chef for over 20 years and didn't like how they prepared the veal cutlets it was deep fried and way over done, the gravy was very bland, I had the lasagna which was also very bland. ): The next day we ate at Eco Cafe which was awesome, needless to say we had the rest of our meals there. Overall we highly recommend the inn to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer P
Jewel B, Owner at Village Creek Country Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to tell us you enjoyed your room and your stay. You made me smile when you talked about the pillows:) I will pass your comments on to the other businesses
in the Village, as I know they value your review as well.
Thanks again, and come see us again:)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sherwood Park, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our hope was to relax and enjoy private time. Firstly, I want to say, " the Inn is kept very clean". However, there was no hot tub working, no exercise room, only coffee in the common room and the bed we had was very uncomfortable. Wow, 4 dollars for old DVD's to rent !
The restaurant close to the Inn had problems with staffing and was partly closed. Food needs improvement big time. One waitress & cook did their best in a bad situation.
At check out, the Inn staff wasn't understanding when I explained my feelings about no amenities at the Inn. Room price isn't reasonable for what is provided. I can go to Calgary, AB and get a room with a breakfast, swimming pool, hot tub, exercise room, & a comfortable bed for the same price as we paid on this weekend.. So disappointed. I hope your owner and management can improve the accommodation for future costumer enjoyment. Thanks.

Room Tip: Don't get a room above the party room. Also, air conditioning in these rooms is very poor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lizzie777B
Dear Guest
We are sorry that your stay on the beautiful September long weekend was a disappointment to you. Summer weekends and especially long weekends, are busy at any resort area, and that is certainly true here at the Village at Pigeon Lake. We did host a lovely wedding that weekend; there was no band, no DJ and the meeting room was quiet by 11:30pm; we thought that was awesome.
We did not receive any calls concerning an AC unit, we absolutely would have done our best for you. Sometimes on these very warm days, the AC unit is turned to it's coolest setting, but the patio door or windows are left open. This causes the AC unit to freeze up. I do not know if that was the case in your room.
We have had multiple compliments on our Simmons Beautyrest mattresses, sorry that it was not your choice.
Mechanical issues happen no matter where you are...and unfortunately our hot tub needs to be replaced. The good news is, the new tub had already been ordered, and we are looking forward to that big job being done! Thankfully our hot tub will be up and running for the really chilly weather:)
We appreciate that you noticed the hard work housekeeping and our grounds maintenance staff do...I have passed your compliment to them.
Thanks for staying, maybe you would like to give us another try in a quieter season. We are pretty cozy in the winter too!!!:)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I had the great pleasure of staying at Village Creek Country Inn for a corporate retreat in June. What a fantastic place for a retreat. We cooked our own meal as a team builder one night, the facilities are perfect for this. My room was located directly beside the meeting room so totally great for the prep of our dinner and BBQing outside the meeting room. The staff ran around like crazy people to make sure we had everything we needed. ice, plates, anything really.
My room was cozy and very clean. My bed was comfortable.
The really great thing about the place is the meeting room design, for smaller groups its awesome. We had the formal meeting area and then a nice living room setting with comfy chairs. The Stanley Cup Playoffs were on so we all cozied in and watched a game, with a big fire roaring (The weather wasnt to great)
The whole experience was great. The Town at Pigeon is so cute and has some great little shops.
I would highly recommend this lovely place with all its charm and fantastic service!! Thanks for a fantastic and productive meeting!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TTvacationgal
Jewel B, Owner at Village Creek Country Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest
We appreciate that you took the time to let us know you had a great stay. Your review is encouraging to each one of us, it brings a smile, knowing that hard work was noticed and valued.
Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Check in was rude. We requested early check in. We arrived about 1:20 pm and were coldly told no rooms were to be released until after 2 earliest and 3:00 was check in. That was it. Not even checking to see if room was ready. This guy...probably the owner...didn't even pretend to check. We were slightly stunned at this cold reception and we walked out and said Wow. Never have we been treated so coldly at a hotel or even here in the past. We went for walk in the rain and winds had a bit of lunch. We went back in 2:45. He asked us if we were checking in. Well duh. He pulls up reservation and says oh I see you requested early check in. Oh well sorry that didn't work out for you. Sometimes the room is just not ready. For real? He hands are our keys and says its down the hall. Of 2 room keys, we could only make out the room number on one of them. But glad one key we could read as buddy sure didnt tell us our room #! Rooms and beds are small, yes fine. Nice view from our patio, no complaints. Old fashioned coffee makers, tiny shot glass size for drinking cups, fridge and microwave. The Internet? Slow as molasses! And that's IF you're lucky to find it. Apparently, down the hall is too far to get or keep the signal. Enough said. We will stick it out for the one night, but this place has lost it's charm for us.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank twinspirit
Jewel B, Owner at Village Creek Country Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest I am so sorry that you were not greeted warmly by our front desk staff at check-in. Chilly weather and a chilly welcome was not what you needed! Sorry the weather also made it uncomfortable to sit it on the glider swing and enjoy the sound of the waterfall that was just outside your room. We are glad our queen size beds were comfortable and cozy. The coffee service tray in your room has juice glasses, wine glasses and mugs, we do have Keurig brewers in our King rooms. New internet hardware, including a 30m tower have been installed and our internet service account is the best we can get here in the country. I don't know if the weather was affecting internet that day. I am sorry, I know it is sooo frustrating when the internet doesn't work properly. New key tags are actually on order. Please give us another try!
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

The staff and accommodations were great. Didn't give it 5 out of 5 as it's not a 5 star hotel. It is a comfortable Alberta Inn and a reasonably priced get away for the girls with their awesome PJ party, which I have now done 3 times. If you can get the Superior Suite! And book early. I booked in January and had a difficult time coordinating the spa and hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank elfandbunny
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel numerouse times for business and pleasure and have never written a review so thought it was about time. This hotel is a lovely little getaway from the city. It has a cozy country feel yet the rooms are tastefully done. Each room has a coffee maker, small fridge and microwave. The rooms facing the ravine with a patio or balcony provide a nice view of the woods however these rooms are darker as they face north. Having just returned from a weekend getaway, I really appreciated the gas fireplace to heat the room in the chilly temps.

The Village itself has a great spa (Essentials), a large ladies clothing store with unique clothes, a household store and a couple of restaurants. The Eco Cafe is the only upscale place for meals. The owner/chef used to own Moveable Feast in Edmonton. In the summer the golf course across the highway (Black Bull) serves some decent food.

Business-wise, the meeting rooms open up to a patio area which is great for having lunch or after meeting socializing. The food selection for meetings is limited but you can also order from the pizza place in the Village which has a selection of the usual plus some good salads.

All in all an inexpensive getaway an hours drive from Edmonton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JetboyJetgirl
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I didn't notice this Inn when I visted The Village at Pigeon Lake a few years ago during a summer camping trip. I recently stayed there for a work related trip and the beautiful, quiet little Inn was more than impressive. The staff were more than friendly, greeting us everytime we entered the lobby. The room is great - beds are comfortable but the actual comforter I found too heavy. The room is clean and comfotable. Just a great place to stay in the country - especially if you want a cozy Inn experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Travis K

Been to Village Creek Country Inn? Share your experiences!