“Fun trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunchaser Scuba Ltd.

Sunchaser Scuba Ltd.
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Virgin Gorda
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunchaser Scuba is one of the oldest dive centers in the British Virgin Islands. Find out more about diving in the BVI; from rendez vous and wreck diving to Discover Scuba Diving, snorkeling and PADI dive courses. Check out our website for an overview of dive sites in the British Virgin Islands, the PADI dive courses we offer, our rates, who we are and how to contact us. Make sure to have a look at our photo gallery and blog to find out who will take you out diving!
Fort Worth, Texas
“Fun trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We sailed in to the Bitter End not even knowing that we were going to be able to snorkel or dive. One of our crew happened upon the friendly folks at Sunchaser and found out that he could take a resort refresher and another member of the crew could get the resort certification. They took their class and then were off to dive! Kay offered a couple of more of us the opportunity to snorkel while they dove, so off we went. Kay took the divers down while Sean took my friend and I on a great snorkeling run. They were both very friendly and knowledgeable. We had a great trip! Hats off to the good folks at Sunchaser!

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Simply the BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I don't usually write reviews because I expect service to equal what you pay for it .This is not the case with Sunchaser Scuba. Their attention to detail and most of all their CUSTOMER SERVICE is in a class by itself.When you dive with Ben and Kaye you feel as if you are diving with your friends who are more interested in "Showing Off " their little corner of the world (so that you don't a single spectacular thing) than they are running a business.Most importantly if you need someone to teach your child to Scuba these are the people to do it.My 13 year old was certified on this trip and was a little nervous to begin with when it came to all the skill tests. Ben was amazing with him! He had him prepared and ready and more importantly excited about each new challenge.Tabisop's review is spot on and worth reading in its entirety. THANKS AGAIN BEN,KAYE, AND SHANE ya'll made the trip!!!!!

Stamford, Connecticut
“Absolutely Top Notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have several hundred dives all over the world. I've done liveaboards, day trips, resorts, etc. I've never taken the time to review a dive operation because I typically find them adequate but rarely are they exceptional. Sunchaser Scuba is in a different class altogether. Without question, out of every type of dive operation in every corner of the world they are the best I've dove with. Here are some of the specifics:
1) They take care of your equipment. You don't ask, you don't question, you don't worry. From defogging your mask, checking your air, taking care of your fins and equipment, etc. they have it dialed in and handled. I don't mind doing that stuff for myself but it is super relaxing when someone else does it for you and does it correctly.
2) They learn your name almost instantly. It's a nice touch.
3) They freely share information about the operation, area, dive sites, ecology, regulations, weather, everything. They never stop providing information. If you have a question they will answer it. If you just want to hang out and absorb information you can do it. Either way you're going to be highly informed about diving in Virgin Gorda and the North Sound.
4) The dive briefings are thorough, relevant, accurate and without the BS you get from many operations. How many times have you been told that on every trip they see a whale shark? How often does the dive briefing include stories about marine life that you never see, inaccurate depths or bottom time, etc? I see it all too often. Ben did all the dive briefings on the 3 trips I made with them. Everything to the expected marine life, depths and bottom time was dead on. The descriptions of the formations and how we would approach them was perfectly matched to what we ended up seeing and doing.
5) They are super people. I dove with Ben, Kay and Shane. They were outstanding. I planned to dive the Rhone and then sail the rest of the week. I ended up diving two more days. If we had more open mornings (I was there for a wedding and there were a number of side trips that were compulsory) I would have dove more mornings. They are very likeable, easy-going, knowledgeable people to spend time with on a boat. I really enjoyed listening to them talk about diving and the islands. When it came to talking about the operation and the owner they couldn't have been more enthusiastic about who they were working with and what they were doing. They were positive, upbeat and just plain fun.
6) The boats are perfect dive boats. I really think the bigger of the two is the best day boat I've ever dove off of. The smaller was perfectly fine for a smaller group. The boats are very clean, fast, well laid out and open. There is shade if you want it, sun if you don't. There's a dry box (cooler) for tshirts etc and camera and mask buckets. There's water as well. The boats ride well in the chop and wind. Some of the boats moored up near us didn't look nearly as comfortable.
7) The value is decent. Diving isn't cheap but Sunchaser gives you a lot of value for your money. The service is excellent, the diving is very good and probably as good as it can be in this part of the world. The operation is exceptionally safe and the equipment is pretty good if you're renting their stuff. Don't let the diminutive fins concern you. They are all you need, even in currents like on the Rhone.
In summary, Ben, Kay and Shane are the best dive professionals you're ever going to dive with, the boats are among the best day boats you're ever going to enjoy, you can trust their equipment and the diving is a good value and pretty decent for the area. Don't risk going with anyone else!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Organized with Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I loved my morning dive with Sunchaser Scuba at the wreck of the Rhone. Kay and Ben were completely professional and on top of everything from outfitting our rental gear, to briefing about the dive as well as the history of the site. This is one of the best shops I've gone with and will definitely stop by again if I'm in the BVIs.

Visited May 2013
San Francisco, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The most organized scuba facility and awesome staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I loved diving with Sunchaser Scuba! They are very professional and organized. The boat is clean (also the bathroom) and they make everything very pleasant and easy for you. I brought my own gear and, after diving, they offered to wash it for me. I would dive with them every day!

Visited May 2013