“Park for the views, skip everything else”
Review of Hog Heaven

Hog Heaven
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Virgin Gorda
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The views are heaven! We ordered different platters to try a little of everything. The food was over cooked and the bbq suace had me scraping the pork, ribs and chicken off before eating (and they still tasted bad). The side dishes were nice.
The so called waitress, messed up every drink order and we ended up making a strange concoction out of three of them to resemble something drinkable. We had to order at the bar, go collect our food when it was cooked and go back for a water (wouldn't trust her to mix a sprite & ice!) We tipped Mike (our designated driver) as he was a wonderful waiter!

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We both had the same pork sandwich, my husband had 2 Caribs (beers), and I had a diet coke. When we arrived and placed our order, there was only one other table in the place with people, and yet it took more than 20 min. for our food to be served. We stopped by 3 days ago and found it all locked up, no explanation given. So we had already taken pictures of the beautiful views; today's review is just of the food and ambience in the restaurant. Lots of flies.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The views are stunning with a nice casual atmosphere. Once again, we were pretty much stuck into BBQ as they did not have any fish or conch that was on the menu. The pork was good (grain fed) and ribs are better, cheeseburger was okay. Rice and beans were VERY good. Good value and worth the visit.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hog Heaven sits at the top of the highest point in Virgin Gorda with amazing views of the Caribbean. The food is very good and the most reasonably priced place we found. The owner raises his own hogs and the meat was great. The help was friendly. It is extremely casual, so don't expect fancy drinks or table settings, but you really don't want to miss the experience of eating here!

1  Thank scarlettscar
Reviewed July 1, 2013

When on VG a visit here is a must. Food is great, fresh, and reasonably priced. I'm a bit of a BBQ snob from NC--and while this isn't north carolina style (more of a sweet, tomato based sauce than the vinegar I'm used to) it was nonetheless very tasty. Slaw was unique with mixed cabbage, a few raisins, not too mayonnaise-y and also with a little bit of sweetness. Potato salad was very solid and I got about a pound of it on my plate.

Of course, the view is what really puts things over the top. I kept saying to my wife "I can't believe there is a bbq restaurant in the middle of nowhere on the top of a mountian on this beautiful island!" Scenery beats any hole-in-the-wall NC BBQ joint hands down.

Got to talk with the owner, too--really cool guy.

1  Thank tarheelgrad