“Great pig, great drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hog Heaven

Hog Heaven
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Virgin Gorda
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Great pig, great drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

What a fantastic place. Not hard to get to, plenty of parking, stunning views. The drinks are great, the pork is absolutely fantastic. Like most places here, it gets slow when it's busy, but the staff really takes pride in their food and it shows.

• Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Pork with Panorama”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We walked 2.1 miles from Nail Bay to Hog Heaven, at the end of the day, and after cooling off from the hike, enjoyed beers and cocktails, both reasonably priced, and then grabbed a table to enjoy the fantastic view over North Sound as the sun set behind VG hills and lights from the superyachts at the YCCS sparkled. We all opted for a dinner of BBQ pork, which was very good, both the sauce and the ribs. The whole package was $60 per couple plus tip, quite a good deal for what we received. Blondie, the owner, made us feel quite welcome. We definitely will return.

Chillicothe, Ohio
“Great lunch!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went to Hog heaven while we were exploring Virgin Gorda. As we drove up up up I saw their sign and remembered the reviews I had read about. I told my husband we had to stop on the way back. We did and WOW amazing views!! It was my favorite meal and day of our whole week!! The food and service is great!!! I wanted to try everthing on the menu but had chicken, rice, plantains and cole slaw. It was wonderful! We sat for a long time and talked with people and took in the beauty of our surroundings. I felt so blessed to find this place and enjoy the food, view and the cooks and bartender all wonderful people!!! Friendly and warm!! This is a place you remember when you get home wish you could go back. I'll be pulling that day out of my memory bank when I go to work and day dream of that wonderful day!!!

South Orange, New Jersey
“Stunning view! Definitely worth the drive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

First, I want to say that I love this restaurant. Second, I want to tell you that I’m a vegetarian. Sounds crazy that I should love this place, right? Well, it’s really all about the location, the sides, the drinks, and the staff. The view is INCREDIBLE. It is well worth the drive just to see that view! In terms of food, my husband had the BBQ and really enjoyed it. I had the vegetarian burger (pre-packaged, but pretty good). However, the drinks and the sides really kept me coming back for more. I loved the coleslaw. The potato salad and plantains were also very good, too. The drinks were fantastic. They were amazingly flavorful and packed a punch. During what seemed like a particularly bad mosquito season, we only saw mosquitoes there once because it was nice and windy. The staff members are a lot of fun and really make you want to spend all day there. I highly recommend Hog Heaven for fun and casual dining!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Mabel8
“The most important stop on Virgin Gorda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is THE SPOT for the absolute best view on the island. The drinks are good, I thought the ribs were delicious (so much so that I went back twice) and the bartenders were extremely friendly. Overall, fantastic place to take in the view, visit for a while and relax!

• Visited October 2012