“Wonderful Staff”

Dive BVI
Ranked #2 of 15 Tours in Virgin Gorda
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Established in 1975, Dive BVI is manned by certified and insured instructors and equipped with custom dive boats, tanks (air and Nitrox) and Scubapro Dive Equipment. Our professional team showcase a variety of experiences including: Closed-circuit Rebreather, Tech Diving, Multi-lingual, Freediving and more! We teach SSI courses from Try Scuba to Instructor programs as well as offer checkout dive completions for SSI, PADI and NAUI students. Dive BVI also has private charter trips, snorkel excursions, and Island Hopper Excursions.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at Scrub Island in June and decide to try a Discovery Dive one rainy day. The staff in the Dive Shop and on the boats were professional, Knowledgeable and very friendly. The guide pointed out things to my son, age 12 as they were diving. Needless to say my husband and son went back another day.

There are newer reviews for Dive BVI

Reviewed July 26, 2013

On our most recent trip to the Virgin Islands in July, 2013 we departed from our first week stay on St. John for our second week at the private island resort of Scrub Island, BVI. We knew upon arrival that we should visit the Dive BVI store at the Scrub Island Resort to see what snorkeling adventures were available. We weren't interested in a booze cruise or that sort of trip, but on serious snorkeling. They recommended the Snorkel Safari which is a full day excursion involving stops at 3 reef sites and stopping for lunch at the Cooper Island resort. The cost was $75 per person (not including lunch) and we felt that was a good value for what we received.

We had fantastic weather our entire trip except the day we planned to be on this excursion. It was raining and we almost cancelled, but we figured why be stuck in a room when we can be snorkeling? We knew we'd be wet anyhow, but we were afraid visibility would be hindered due to lack of sunshine that day. We're very glad we didn't cancel. It ended up being a blast. I have never snorkeled in worse weather and at times I'd peek up out of the water and feel the wind and rain and think "I can't believe we're out in this". First of all, the great visibility was surprising in the water at every stop we made. We had our compact Sony Cyber-shot waterproof camera which can take photos and video in and out of the water and we ended up with surprisingly good footage despite the lack of sunlight filtering onto the coral and sea life. So, if you plan a snorkel excursion and it ends up raining, take it from me that you'll still enjoy it and it beats sitting around all day waiting for the sun to come out.

We had mostly snorkelers on board but also had two divers, so we had one guide for the divers and one guide for the snorkelers. Both guides were awesome, friendly and informative. We've been on many excursions with other companies and these two were the best. One guide was originally from Italy and the other from Australia. Both these young ladies were experienced guides.

On the day of the trip we were at Dive BVI's reserved slip at the Scrub Island Marina by 9:15AM where we were picked up by their boat which came from Virgin Gorda with other snorkelers. We then headed out to Spyglass Wall which has something for both divers and snorkelers. We saw healthy coral and sea life including a spotted eagle ray, reef shark and varieties of tropical fish. Our next stop was The Indians which we had been to before 10 years ago. It was still beautiful, but not as many fish as what we saw 10 years ago. The coral still looked healthy though. Even though the weather was bad we were able to snorkel around it, but we also had mostly experienced snorkelers and all adults. The guide was careful to make sure we all were comfortable before we headed around the other side. We had a great group. Then we had a very good lunch at Cooper Island and the price was not bad at all. Then, our last stop was nearby at Cistern Point where we saw a green turtle, nurse shark, black tipped reef shark and more. We arrived back at Scrub Island around 4PM or so.

Thank you Dive BVI for a great time! We're looking forward to more adventures with your team.

1  Thank TropicAtHeart
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is the second time we used DIVE BVI during our vacation. We stayed on Scrub Island in December 2012 and now in July 2013. Dive BVI has a store on Scrub and Virgin Gorda.

Staff on Scrub are very professional and knowledgeable about the water, the islands…
Always very helpful ...and the store has all sort of useful things to buy for reasonable prices.
We really appreciate Clayvorne’s assistance in trip selections and her great attitude. She is the sweetest and friendliest person and she took care of us the whole week.

Don’t wait until last minute to book your trip because they might be full. We booked ours two months in advance so we appreciate the general manager of Dive BVI - Casey and her effort to getting our trips arranged.

Every trip has it’s unique aspects. We tried literally all of them! The Virgin Gorda trip and The Baths – was a gorgeous day on the beach and sightseeing around the whole island but on the other hand the Underwater Safari is a whole day on the boat and snorkeling in the most beautiful spots of the British Virgin Islands.
Thumbs up! GO DIVE BVI!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We dove with Dive BVI on a few occasions on our last visit and found them to be excellent. We were bareboat cruising and they were very happy to rendezvous with us for the dives, which made life much easier. The guides were very good and the operation well run. Recommended.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have gone diving with about six different operations prior to Dive BVI. I have enjoyed every one of them, but it is clear that Dive BVI is simply in a different league. The level of professionalism, quality of dive equipment, and the quality of the boats was simply far beyond anything I have experienced.

The staff all seemed to be on the level of marine biologists (I believe one actually was), with high levels of intelligence, great diving skills, and thorough knowledge of the dive sites and marine life. A long lecture on the Rhone, done during the wait between dives by the boat's captain, could have been quite dull, but it was thoroughly entertaining and informative. We had three different guides on our dives. All were superb in his or her own way.

I couldn't take my own gear due to weight requirements when traveling. They didn't give me worn out stuff that there were trying to milk every cent out of. They gave me like new Scubapro gear to dive with. The boats were immaculate. They all were super clean, well equipped, and ran like new. I was on three different boats during my stay. There were no exceptions to this rule.

I don't want to take anything away from other dive operations, but these guys are to diving what Pavarotti was to singing. They are just simply the best at what they do. Period.

On the last day I did the Island Hopper cruise, since I couldn't dive before flying, and had a ball on that as well.