“Excellent tours and diving!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dive BVI
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Virgin Gorda
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Established in 1975, Dive BVI is manned by certified and insured instructors and equipped with custom dive boats, tanks (air and Nitrox) and Scubapro Dive Equipment. Our professional team showcase a variety of experiences including: Closed-circuit Rebreather, Tech Diving, Multi-lingual, Freediving and more! We teach SSI courses from Try Scuba to Instructor programs as well as offer checkout dive completions for SSI, PADI and NAUI students. Dive BVI also has private charter trips, snorkel excursions, and Island Hopper Excursions.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Bonaire, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent tours and diving!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I did two tours. The Virgin Gorda Baths and The Island Hopper. He also went diving to the Rhone wreck dive and Dog Islands which he highly recommends. Sultan and Mark were excellent dive masters. John was our guide for the baths. We loved this tour. He was fun and very organized. The island hopper was fun. Everyone needs to visit Jost Van Dyke. My only dissatisfaction is that the dive boat was uncomfortable for touring. Our tour guide Luana was not the best. We were cut short on Jost Van Dyke. We were told we would be back between 4:30 and 5:00 pm. We were back at 4:00 pm. We still had a great time and would do it again. I was told the normal tour boat was having work done. Ask about the boat before booking the tours. Our entire group was uncomfortable on the dive boat. Other than that Dive BVI is excellent. I loved Clayvorn in the dive shop on Scrub Island. She was so pleasant. I can't forget Rudy our driver he was great too.

Visited June 2013

Alexandria, Virginia
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I highly recommend Dive BVI to all visitors of Virgin Gorda, even if you aren't a diver. Dive BVI also offers snorkling trips and island hoppers where you can visit other islands.

The diving in the BVI is probably some of the best you'll find in the Caribbean, so definitely do go!

A couple years ago, I finished my Open Water Certification with Dive BVI and then my Advanced Open Water with them over a year ago.

We came back to the BVI, and really looked forward to diving with these guys again. To our surprise, we arrived right at the start of Wreck Week! Vivian was kind enough to include us in the Wreck Week group, and we had a blast!

I have just under 30 dives now, half of them with Dive BVI and I can say that of all the other places I have dived with, Dive BVI is the most professional, fun, and knowledgeable group I have experienced.

The Dive Masters are all top notch and the store staff are very helpful. When you go out, the Dive Masters will get an idea of your level of experience and what you are interested in seeing. They are very attentive when you are down below, ensuring they have accountability over all divers and doing air checks at regular intervals.

As a full service dive shop, Dive BVI will hold and store any gear you bring, and they'll wash and ready it for travel after your last dive. They also offer all PADI/SSI dive courses from Basic Open Water to Dive Master and more.

We never saw anything that made us question the professionalism of Dive BVI. They always moored at appropriate moorings, never messed with the wildlife (other than the invasive Lionfish), treated all guests with respect and kindness, and ensured we had a great time diving.

Of all the dive masters who work at Dive BVI, we had Mark, Rupert, Vivian, Tara, and Zoltan, who really made our diving time great. Just wanted to thank you all again!

Some of the best dive sites, in my opinion, are the Rhone, Chikuzen, Devil's Kitchen, Ginger Steps, Mountain Point, Fearless, and the newest wreck dive, Vagabond.

Visited June 2013
Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“dive bvi rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

i just returned from an incredible week of diving. vivian took care of all the details for me, including booking accommodations and putting together a custom dive package. it was a crazy schedule...17 dives in 6 days! every single dive was amazing!

traveling as a single posed no problem at all: i always had a dive buddy.

dive bvi is a top notch operation with excellent staff and services. i am definitely diving with them again!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent staff, excellent dives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

A+ all around. Great dive shops. Excellent customer service. Excellent dive guides and of course, excellent dive sites

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome dive shop and staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I headed down to the virgin islands for 2 weeks. Dive BVI had been emailing back and forth with me prior to leaving on our trip with quick response time and accurate information. When we finally arrived to Virgin Gorda, one of the owners Casey personally picked us up at the ferry dock and got us to the shop with no hassles. I brought my rebreather along and they made everything quick and painless. They provided a personal boat for just my wife and I, and the store employee (also a rebreather diver) and myself had an awesome time diving the RMS Rhone and then wreck alley. We had a very enjoyable time and safety always came first. I would not hesitate for one minute to use Dive BVI for all my diving needs.

DiveBVI, Owner at Dive BVI, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for diving with us! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to diving with you again soon. ~ Jeff and Casey ~