This is way overdue, but I felt I owed this to the managment of Guavaberry. My wife and I spent our honeymoon in October of 2007 in the islands, split between 3 days at Guavaberry and 4 at Caneel Bay. One of my favorite motos is, "you get what you pay for", so needless to say, I had some concerns about Guavaberry. This was not the case at all at Guavaberry. We stayed in a single room house and it was amazing. The pros of this place:
1) Great Value, spent most of the vacation patting myself on the back for making such a good decision.
2) Cleanliness, I'm a germ freak and although the floral comforter threw me for a loop on the pictures, this place was immaculate.
3) The private beach is the best on the island, you have to go to the baths to check it out, but you got the same thing here and less crowded and better views.
4) The store on the honor system is just like having your refrigerator stocked up at home.
5) Their recommendations, I rented from mahogany rentals and they were great. Found me off the fairy and let me follow them to Guavaberry.
The only downfall is that I'm obsessed with going back. To me, there wouldn't have been a fall off in quality or expectations if we had gone to Caneel first. Great place.More