My boyfriend and I stayed at Mango bay from 4/30 - 5/3 for our friend's wedding, and I cannot possibly say enough positive things about this place! The property is stunning, the suites are beautiful and perfectly sized, well decorated with a modern aesthetic, and very comfortable. We shared a two bedroom suite with another couple, and there was more than enough room for four of us, including 2 lovely bedrooms, a common room, 2 full bathrooms, and a large porch with a full kitchen. To top it all off, we were literally 10 yards, tops, from one of the most beautful beaches we saw in our whole week in the VIs. Mahoe Bay, where the resort is located, is protected by a large reef, so the beach is quiet, the boats stay far, far away, and the snorkeling right there in front of the resort is excellent. There are floating mats and kayaks available free of charge beachside, and snorkeling gear available, also free, at the office. The staff is lovely, with daily maid service, and Pallina and Gino were super friendly and accomodating. The price (we paid about $260 a night, per couple for the Ocean View Suite) was a total steal for the level of comfort and beauty we got.
The only even remotely negative thing I can say is that because the kitchen is outdoors (which is actually lovely, since you can cook dinner while watching the spectacular sun set directly across the bay), the flame on the stove blows around, which makes cooking things that require even heat a little difficult. Just bear that in mind while grocery shopping.
This is not a resort with a ton of amenities like room service, fitness centers, etc. But if you're willing to forgo that, which you should when you have that beach in front of you all the time, you'll get an incredibly beautiful, relaxing stay. We cannot wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mango Bay Resort adheres to a strong commitment to serve our guests and make sure they enjoy their luxury beach vacation at its fullest. We strive to deliver what we promise to all our guests: a caring and attentive management and friendly staff who will accommodate any guest requests or needs. Mango Bay Resort is a small and cozy yet easygoing luxury resort that provides all the necessities needed for the finest Caribbean vacation. We strive to provide a quiet, peaceful and tranquil location for all of our visitors to enjoy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Mango Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Mango Bay Virgin Gorda
- Mango Bay Resort Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands