We love to travel. We love variety, so it's always dicey when you return to a place that you "loved!" Chances are it won't be the "same."
This time (x3 to VG, x2 to Mango Bay) we took some friends essentially to show the island off and really wanted to share our experience with them. It was like returning home. Everything was the same. My favorite hammock was missing, but as I remember my rear was dragging the sand last year! Gino was...well he was Gino. So delightful, funny and personable.
I always have a little something to fret about and Gino always laughs at me and puts my mind at ease. Once it was getting through customs in Tortola, getting on the ferry and getting to our room. Oh my. Basically it was calm down, things go quickly, are close and yes, slow down. This year the weather app said 50/60% rain every day we were there. Again, fretted to Gino and he said it was the same report the day he emailed me and he couldn't quite see any clouds in the sky! On our 7 day visit I think it rained for about 4 minutes one evening. Silly me.
We stayed again in #9 which is I think the largest (it can be a one bedroom or 2.) with a living room, dining room, full kitchen and very large wrap around veranda and most importantly about 15 steps to the beach...our beach. The mornings with coffee on the veranda, reading, kayaking, walking the beach were perfection. Peaceful, easy and relaxing.
This year we brought frozen marinated food to grill at our place and that turned out to be a big $$ saver. I've never been a fan of the fish/chicken at Buck's. Everything else there...love it, but not so much the proteins. In fact they stock our frig each visit and do a great job! We had a few things left over as we sadly departed, but ran into a couple staying at Mango Bay and told them to go raid our refrigerator! They were pleased and ended up with a bit of vodka, wine, fruits and veggies.
As always our favs as far as restaurants are Top of the Baths, Coca Maya and the Rock Cafe. Our service at the Rock is always stellar. Great vibe. Location and ambiance at Coca Maya is amazing, service was a little stuffy. In fact we had the same waitress last year. Went to Little Dix for drinks. Great service, nice music but way too pricey. Not really worth it. Glad we opted out on dinner. Nice view, but we get basically the same one at Mango Bay.
Definitely planning VG#4!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mango Bay Resort adheres to a strong commitment to serve our guests and make sure they enjoy their luxury beach vacation at its fullest. We strive to deliver what we promise to all our guests: a caring and attentive management and friendly staff who will accommodate any guest requests or needs. Mango Bay Resort is a small and cozy yet easygoing luxury resort that provides all the necessities needed for the finest Caribbean vacation. We strive to provide a quiet, peaceful and tranquil location for all of our visitors to enjoy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mango Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Mango Bay Virgin Gorda
- Mango Bay Resort Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands