TripAdvisor
Virgin Gorda
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews north sound beach bar grocery store upstairs restaurant friday night buffet laundry mat the north end mooring ball bitter end yacht club is visit virgin gorda conch fritters spanish town an incredible view casual restaurant hog heaven star resort day sail
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2019

We stayed on Boatyball 2 nights at Leverick. Happy hour was great and we enjoyed a quick dip in the pool! The resort provides laundry service, a spa, and a grocery store for everything we needed! The cute shop had beautiful gifts, and the restaurant had great appetizers.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank cindycA7941SZ
MGarraus, Marketing at Leverick Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2019

Thank you very much! We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 29, 2019

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of my trip to the BVI. There aren't many places to stay since Irma destroyed much of the island. Leticia was great when I emailed about staying there. I was excited to stay there, but was a bit disappointed when I arrived. I took the ferry over from Tortola and thought LBR was going to pick me up, but I had to take a taxi (unexpected expense), then the front desk staff weren't the friendliest, and the room had bugs (none in the bed thankfully!). What did I like? The room I was in had a great view of the marina and sunsets, a balcony, beach bar/resturants, little grocery store, pool and lounge chairs on the "beach", and evening entertainment. The front desk staff did help me rent a car for part of my stay, which was super helpful!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
MGarraus, Marketing at Leverick Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2019

Hello! Thank you for your visit and review! We always take care of the rooms and use extermination to get rid of unwelcome bugs. Our hotel rates are very affordable so we don´t offer rides from the ferry dock. Sorry about your little disappointment. We hope to see you back again and make your future stay better!
LB

Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Nearly everything in the north end of VG was damaged or destroyed by Irma. Slowly, repairs are underway and businesses are reopening. The grocery store, bar, restaurant, Pussers store, marina and gift shop are open at Leverick Bay. Across the sound the Bitter End, Saba Rock, Biras Creek and the large yacht marina remain closed. The mooring balls at Leverick Bay are in good condition. Since everything on the other side from Leverick Bay was essentially destroyed, I would suspect the moorings over by the former Bitter End would be of questionable integrity.

A lot of work has been done to breathe life back into the businesses in North Sound, but some will probably reopen, and some won’t. Only time will tell.

For the immediate future, Leverick Bay remains the only game in town up here. If you want peace and quiet, you could always anchor around Prickly Pear. But if you want to buy a beer, eat in a restaurant, or grab a secure mooring, Leverick Bay is your only option in North Sound.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
MGarraus, Marketing at Leverick Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us at Leverick Bay.
We are aware that Hurricane Irma destroyed the whole BVI and the rest of the North Sound are working hard to be back. Things are not easy for some businesses as they have to deal with different insurance companies and other factors. Virgin Gorda is slowly recovering but it is recovering, the beaches are back to stunning and perfect and other businesses are opening too. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

This is really a corner of paradise. Unfortunately a lot of buildings in this area took a pretty heavy hit by Katrina in 2017, but this place made through (I am sure they did some renovation). I am staying with some colleagues in an apartment that has everything you need + a breath taking balcony with an incredible view. The only thing that can be improved is WiFi, cause it doesn’t really get all the way in to the apartment.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review and your stay with us! We are working hard to have everything rebuild, the owners of the villas are working on it and we are about to have a better Internet connection for sure! Hopefully, when you come back you will enjoy an almost perfect WIFI!

Reviewed April 28, 2019

The spa is not comfortable, the "therapists" do not know what they are doing, nor do I think they care. I almost walked out when I saw the "shower". In hindsight I wish I had. I rarely write negative reviews but please beware.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
MGarraus, Marketing at Leverick Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

We are very sorry about your bad experience. We will notify the spa immediately. Hopefully, if you come back they can amend this for you!