“Looks Good But Not Great”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virgin Gorda
Leverick Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Virgin Gorda
Surrey Bc Canada
“Looks Good But Not Great”
Reviewed September 7, 2006

We have just returned to Canada after a great Vacation with a few glitches.
We started our vacation flying from Toronto to San Jaun then on to Tortola and our final destination Leverick bay resort on Virgin Gorda.
Well from the States we ended up being 2 hrs late for our connecting flight to Tortola and Had to take a later flight with much later arrival at Virgin Gorda.
During this time I mad a few call to Leverick Bay resort to inform them of our late arrival.
When we finally got to the dock at Leverick Bay Resort, there was no one to greet us at the ferry and no one to help us with our bags, so at 9:00 pm at knight there we were packing all our luggage down 200 ft of dock to get to the office.
When I got there the office was closed and no one in site, I had to got to a party that was being held on the beach and track down the manager.
When I found her, let’s say she was a little inebriated and after a conversation showed me the way to the person to take care of us.
We finally got to the room and at first glance was great. The next day it rain hard and we had rain poring into our living room the phone would not work and had no hot water, there was also leaks all over the veranda. I will include pictures.
The view from our suite was gorgeous and so being Canadian we decided to except the small problems and live with it.
I won’t go into detain regarding bugs ands such on the kitchen counter.
We never were able to receive incoming calls but were able to call out and after a few days we did get hot water.
The Manager had offered to move us but we like the view so much we stayed in that suite.
During our to week stay at leverick Bay Resort most of the working staff were good to us but the manager as far as I was concerned did not do her job.
I felt just because we were there at the end of the season we should have been catered to and had the same service as what you would get if you were there in December. She did not offer any comps because of the problems we had with the room and her attitude was, she really did not care. She did get us a deal on the boat rental but it was like pulling teeth.
One day I went and purchase some tokens for the washing machine at 2 dollars each, the girl at the desk told me there was only 3 tokens and she would get another for me later when she pulled them from the machine.
My wife went back half our later and she had up the price to a dollar more than the previous token’s, I thought this was very petty and tacky on the managers part.
While we were there some very famous people arrived for the knight and the manager herself handled all there luggage of there large group and fell all over them like they were royalty.
Know on to the water sports GUY who to me had the personality problem, did not care to rent out the small tenders and all he was interested was to rent his most expensive boats and after you rented them he could care less if you lived or died. Not a nice man. I was told this as well from several other people.
I have no idea way he is in this business as most of the time he spent his time at the bar.
There seem to be one other person that lives in on of the small suites who frequents the bars regularly from 2 pm till 5or 6 everyday.
This is not a good look for leverick bay as he has the same type of personality as the watersport guy and problems.
The Bar and grill restaurant was another thorn in my side as we went for breakfast one morning and I hade pancakes and bacon, to my suprise they were boxed mix and were 3 inches in diameter for $11. dollars us, I was very upset about the quality of food and small portions very small.
The dive shop was very well run and the owners very personable and very accommodating.
We enjoyed the day snorkeling with the dive shop on Anagada island it was great.
Regardless of the problems we had with certain people our stay in the BVI's was wonderful as we got married on one of the beaches.
there again the manager new we were getting married but mad no attempt to make our stay a wonderful experience at there resort, what a shame.
The BVI'S is a wonderful place to vacation and we plan on going back, but not ever to leverick Bay resort I would rate this resort at a 2 star.
The owner of the Leverick Bay resort should look at replacing some people in her staff. This resort can do better in the off season with the right people running it.
The resort is in desperate need of repair and the more run down it gets the more business it will lose through word of mouth.
Regards
Warren& Nancy

• Liked — wonderful view
  • Disliked — leaked every time it rained
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11 Thank secuuda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed February 12, 2006

Although almost a year ago, I feel I should say that I have had an itch to go back since. When we first looked at the Resort and read the reviews...we were a bit leary. Sorry, can't agree with a one.

We arrived in a down pour, soaking wet and late. Monica and Jim (the owners) met us on the dock, rushed our luggage to the truck, drove us to our suite, told us to dry off and come join the BBQ which of course we did.

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite on the hill...WOW what a view from the wrap-around porch. The only downfall but funny thing was the rooster every morning...Monica, if you're reading this-I have pictures and I hope you found him. By the Way...chickens sleep in the trees there.

You must travel the island while there...the beaches are everywhere, empty and breathtaking-picture postcard worthy. Make sure and hang out at the Bath's and stop at Mad Dogs for a Tuna sandwich and a beer.

Mike at the watersports shack was helpful and easy to find. The Dive Masters at Dive BVI are second to none and fun to hang out with to boot!!

All in all, I cried when I left, hugging everyone. Have fun, drink Rum and take it all in!!

Karen and Peter
Mequon, WI

• Stayed May 2005
11 Thank Karen A
milwaukee, WI
Reviewed November 28, 2005

We stayed in Euphoria which is a 3 bedroom villa on the grounds of Leverick Bay. The house was fantastic, clean, well stocked with towels, kitchen gear and even Jimmy Buffet cds. The pool was kept sparkling clean and the maids were great and very kind as well.

We went down to the resort restaurant a few times and had our meal prepared for us to take home and it was fine. It's not gourmet cusine, but it was just what we needed. We went to 2 groceries while we were there, the one at the resort is SUPER expensive and I would only recommend it for emergencies. Use the bigger market in town if you can.

Overall the staff we dealt with were kind and helpful and our waitress suggested Saba Rock, which we wouldn't have known about. The villa was great the weather was great and I will be returning next year!

• Stayed November 2005
11 Thank tommy1007
Reviewed July 28, 2005

I recently spent a week's vacation at Leverick Bay. I stayed in a villa on a previous visit and loved it there. The people at the villa office were very friendly and helpful, that's where I always bought my stamps and sent postcards to friends. Nick, who is always found on the dock, radio in hand, is lovely and did a great job organizing a Poker Run during my visit :)
I thought the lunches around the Tiki bar at the resort were awesome in a relaxing atmosphere. It's the perfect place to get a frozen drink and relax overlooking the ocean.
Mike, from watersports set us up with dinghy rentals and guided us to snorkeling areas and watering holes to stop along the way.
If you visit and do rent a dinghy, check out the reefs off Eustatia island and Saba Rock, right near by, is THE place to stop for lunch and drinks. The fish tacos are worth the visit!
If you're up for a day trip, take a day sail to Anegada, it's a very beautiful sandy island with a VERY small population, and Wild Pink Flamingos live there. It has to be seen to be believed! And be sure to call ahead and order lobsters for lunch at Neptune's Treasure resort. Anegada provides lobster for alot of the Islands and they're wonderful!
The best part about Virgin Gorda is it's off the beaten track and there's no traffic or over-sized and overcrowded hotels to deal with. I stay away from the package island deals and cruises. So if you really want to get away and relax Leverick Bay, on Virgin Gorda is definitely the place to go!

• Stayed May 2005
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 23, 2005

Leverick Bay Resort is located in the North Sound section of the island. You must take a pricey water taxi( $ 25.00, one way), if you fly into Tortola. The resort itself has many amenities such as a restaurant, Pussers , Dive BVI, the Spa, Internet cafe, watersports etc. Some hillside villas are managed by LBR.
At first glance, it looked like a great place to spend the week, until we encountered the very rude attitudes of some of the top employees of the LBR.
The obnoxious watersport man who spent most of his time at the beach bar, the bartender who couldn't speak english, the plant manager. who told these two American girls that Americans didn't deserve respect from the Brits.
They seemed to be great pals with the couple who ran LBR.
LBR needs to loose the hostile attitude towards Americans, who spend good money at this resort. Also, they have to clean that disqusting ring around the tile of the swimming pool. Save your money, spend it where you are appreciated.

• Stayed July 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Virgin Gorda hotels

Reviewed January 20, 2005

Very interesting to read the reviews posted for this resort. At first discovery my wife and I thought that this resort looked beautiful and very economically priced. After reading some of the reviews concerning Monica's terrible attitude and customer service I became worried. When I expressed my concern to my wife she commented that her telephone conversation with "an older sounding brit" earlier in the day was less than pleasant. When asked about specials her curt and rude reply was "we don't have any specials". My wife told her she was looking at advertised specials on their website - she replied "well there's nothing available". Guess what Monica - we're the customers here!!! And we will not visit your resort. Wait until word gets out... specials are the only way you'll lure people into dealing with your nastiness.

34 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#1 of 1 in North Sound
Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Rosewood Little Dix Bay
#1 of 7 in Virgin Gorda

Been to Leverick Bay Resort? Share your experiences!