The trip started off on a bad note. you learn very quickly that the way off life there is not like anything you've ever seen before. The ferry's from island to island leave only when there ready. so because you have a schedule doesn't mean they do. our final ferry bringing us to Leverick bay decided they didn't want to make the trip, because there was only three of us. Luckily for my new wife and I the other person waiting with us had a family business on the island, it just happen to be a Charter company. The man made a phone call and with in 20 minutes his brother was there with a 25 ft fishing boat and kindly invited us along for the ride to the bay. When we arrived at the villa ( Oran Na Mara ) around 9 p.m. the view was awesome. Since we were starving, we drove down to the leverick bay restaurant , the downstairs one. the pizza was great. we tried the upstairs restaurant one night and it was waaaaaay to expensive. well over 100 dollars for two people and the food was very forgettable , after that we went downstairs and ate there, finally got full and enjoyed the food. We stayed there for 9 days and it was a Trip Of a Lifetime. We will return !!!!!!!!!!! Best places to eat, Rock Cafe, Dog and Dolphin Bar, Bitter End , and Saba Rock.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leverick Bay Resort and Marina is located in Virgin Gorda, the third largest of the British Virgin Islands. Known as the newest seaside recreational complex, Leverick Bay Resort and Marina, is lapped by the pristine waters of a magnificent blue lagoon best known as "North Sound".The resort offers tranquility with its spacious hillside rooms exquisitely decorated a few steps from the sandy beach. The suites located above The Leverick Bay Resort and Marina are surrounded by the outstanding view of North Sound, Mosquito Island and the Caribbean Sea.Leverick Bay Resort rewards its guests with a perfect getaway offering gourmet dinners at The Restaurant, overlooking the marina, with fresh local seafood, house cut steaks, and a wide selection of fine wines and spirits. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Leverick Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Leverick Bay Virgin Gorda
- Leverick Bay Resort Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands