The ONLY reason for #3 rating=
First of all, we have been coming here for 22 yrs after getting married here 11/15/91. It has ALWAYS been a very relaxing trip with amenities galore... This trip was a little different...
We had requested a Tree House (still advertised on their website) but when got here all of the Tree Houses were under renovation so they "upgraded" us to an Ocean Cottage. What they didn't tell us was we were sandwiched between one Tree House acting as their supply building and the other Tree House that they hammered and jack hammered everyday starting at 8AM! We had an outdoor shower that the workers would stand just outside of it and talk- very invading. AND- the Tree Houses are delightfully built in an octagonal shape with glass walls on all sides but one- BUT, we had workers constantly walking just outside them going to the supply building so NO privacy if you didn't keep your curtains shut but wanted sunlight in your room (and who doesn't since you come to the Caribbean for that!)
Now, this complaint is only about the location of our room... EVERYTHING else was perfect! Food fabulous, staff very friendly, workout facility awesome, etc.
Just wanted to give a heads up that if you're booking or coming - request a place AWAY from ANY construction! Otherwise can be VERY annoying and not restful....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands