I've stayed here twice -- most recently end of June 2013 -- and have visited the property for spa services, lunch or dinner and can say that the staff are lovely, the quality is mostly consistent, and the property is one of the best on the entire island.
Some of the areas aren't as up to date as other parts, but I hear they are undergoing renovations soon, and what's there currently is consistent with island properties that aren't brand new and starkly modern; I'd say it's a much warmer place because of it.
The spa pool and surrounding area is one of the most beautiful places I've been in my life. The services (which I've had during four times over the years) can be amazing or so-so. The rooms are serviced two or three times a day, so even if you get sand on the floor or go through beach towels, the inconvenience won't last long!
We often spot families on the beach, low or high season -- just something to keep in mind for those hoping for a kid-free getaway. (I should say that the kids are always well-behaved; it just depends on if you expect to sometimes hear families or not. It matters for some types of trips. :)
Food is solid.
Just like any resort in this price range, things add up quickly. But again, we expected it at this price range.
It's a special place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands