We met many people that told us they come to this resort over and over. It's clear why. Little Dix Bay is one of the most stunning places I've visited in the Caribbean.
It has the perfect combination of luxury within a natural setting. The spa is built on top of a large hill with each room privately overlooking the ocean. The beach along the bay was long but each area felt private and secluded. The food was very good although a bit inconsistent across meals. The room we stayed in was incredible and each of the buildings we saw, from the front desk, to the "activity room" to the main restaurants were perfectly architected and perfectly placed within the natural setting of the bay.
The Virgin Gorda/BVI area itself just adds to the experience. Snorkeling in caves carved out of natural cliffs, watching college kids jump off the upper deck at Willy T's bar and climbing inside the boulders at the Baths were all as memorable as any vacation I've taken.
It's hard to find criticisms but I was disappointed in the nearby Harbor Town. My wife and I love to find little, out-of-the-place locations to grab a meal or get a unique gift for friends. There wasn't much in this little town. Also, while some of the staff at the Rosewood were remarkably friendly and engaging, a handful came off as bored and distracted.
Weighing all the good and the bad, we will absolutely be returning to Little Dix Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands