We came here after three trips to north Queensland in the last four years. So, unfortunately for Virgin Gorda, I had an unreachable level of expectation.
If fish watching is your priority, reconsider the Great Barrier Reef.
In my fist snorkel on the hotel’s beach I did not see ONE fish in the first 5 minutes. The day after I saw there a nice friendly turtle and sting ray though.
Having said this, the BVI are beautiful, the quality of the water is top class and the climate is possibly the very best. Never too hot, always slightly windy with perfect perfect (2 times) air temperature.
The resort is extremely well run; the staff is excellent with the perfect mix of friendliness and respect. The service is smiling and efficient. They really give you the impression that you are important to them.
The marina service are friendly and very efficient the (complimentary) beach drop service is excellent and the Diving is professional, efficient and correctly priced.
The rooms are good and very well kept.
They have three restaurants. The best is the beach one, with a simple menu of things made just to your order, fresh and nice. Also the Pina Colada is best there, where it is made to your order and is not the pre-made, minus 50 degrees frozen thing that you cannot taste because too cold.
The main cafeteria called the Pavilion is not a Michelin three stars, but it serves reasonably proper cuisine, basic menus but well done. The weak point is the supposedly top class restaurant called the Sugar Mill, where cuisine is not at the level of the ambition. We dined there two times and both were uninteresting, with overcooked fish and no flavor. I had grilled swordfish that I was obliged to cut with my knife because too cooked.
All in all, after we came to terms with the fact that sea life is Caribbean and not to Australian standards, we had a very outstanding sea experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands