“Totally amazing!!”

Private Boat Charter to British Virgin Islands from St John
$600.00*
Private Charter to British Virgin Islands
More attraction details
Owner description: The most well-known attraction on the island, these giant boulders or batholiths, brought to the surface by volcanic eruptions, are scattered about forming a beautiful grotto and tranquil pools.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The baths are great!!! You have to go!!! So beautiful and fun!! It wasn't crowded like I had read about. I guess the cruise ships were not there. We snorkeled and swam and explored. I wanted to go back and do it again the next day!! If your in the the BVI you have to go!!

2  Thank cnhbowles
Write a ReviewReviews (2,479)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

At 9:30 am the Baths were already crowded. Note that the walk from Devil's Bay to The Baths is tricky.

2  Thank adventurefamilyfive
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We booked a tour with our cruise line because we had limited time in Tortola and didn't want to chance make the trek to the Baths ourselves with such a tight timeline.

You start at the top where the buses drop you off and make a fairly easy hike down to the beach. The beach was beautiful. We headed to through the caves to the larger beach but there were so many people we had a wait in lines through most of the caves. We felt rushed through due to the amount of people behind us so we didn't get to fully enjoy the experience as it is meant to be. There was just no room to explore as there was a constant crowd around us.

The Devil's Bay beach was amazing. The kids all loved swimming and playing in the huge waves that were hitting while we were there.

The hike back up to the buses is quite long (and hot) and be sure to wear your shoes as there were several cactus along the trail and people were stepping in their spikes. There was a nice little bar area at the top for drinks and food although we didn't have time to use it.

If you have any mobility issues, this might not be for you.

It was a great experience that I would love to do again without the cruise ship tours. It was just too chaotic and we didn't enjoy the full experience due to the amount of people. It is definitely something to see. I would also like to go when I'm not on limited time and in a rush.

Would I recommend visiting the baths - yes!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I have visited this amazing place a few times, each time was great. I think my favorite was sharing it with my children and watching them enjoy all the site has to offer. Walking through the boulders and watching the colors change as boulders get larger than houses and sunlight is affected , swimming and snorkeling when it's deep enough, and we loved body surfing over at the beach. Simply beautiful and fun for kids over 10. Go with an excursion from red hook.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We sailed right past the Baths at first because the people on our sailboat couldn't agree to go there. Then when we circumnavigated the BVI one of the girls insisted we go back & see the BAths...thank God we did! Very worthwhile.

what to bring
- very good waterproof shoes
- bathing suit
don't need anything more

you have to swim from your boat to the baths (challenging but fun) Go early because it's popular and line up start (we go there around 9am - good time) Also there's a nice beach at the other end of the baths/caves

2  Thank Sandra B