“A Must See!!!”

Private Boat Charter to British Virgin Islands from St John
$1,806.63*
8-Day Sightseeing Cruise to the British Virgin Islands and US Virgin Islands
More attraction details
Owner description: The most well-known attraction on the island, these giant boulders or batholiths, brought to the surface by volcanic eruptions, are scattered about forming a beautiful grotto and tranquil pools.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Baths at Virgin Gorda are a natural wonder, and a definite must see if you are in the British Virgin Islands. We sailed BVI Last April and arrive to Virgin Gorda by catamaran. It is a little difficult to get to shore, seeing that you are not allowed to get too close by boat. We took in the inflatable and swam the rest of the way. There were definitely waves, so I would not recommend this task for someone who can't swim, or for children without a floatation device. We arrived at the beach before the baths in front of the Poor Man's Bar ( funny !!). The baths themselves were gorgeous, but at times the grounds were not level and you needed to climb, swim etc to get through, once again if you are not stable on your feet, this probably isn't for you. After traveling through all the rock caves, you arrive at this GORGEOUS beach (Devil's Bay) on the other side. There is also a fun restaurant with a great view and pool at the top of the hill/ mountain after the baths. The food was a bit pricey, but what else would expect for this location? On the whole I would highly recommend this attraction. I would also recommend to go early, or later because the cruises come and bring FLOCKS of people for half day tours. The rock caves are narrow so it is a bit tough to get through the crowd.
Great day in BVI!!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

A must see/do if you're in Virgin Gorda. Pay attention to cruise ship schedules to try to avoid the beaches being inundated with tourists. The path is tricky to navigate, requiring climbing, crouching and stairs/ladders, so not for the extremely young, old or feeble. Otherwise, this is an excellent way to see one of nature's miracles. Get to the other side and reach Devil's Bay, which is a lovely, secluded beach... great for swimming & snorkeling. We snorkeled all the way back to the start of the path. $3 per person is WELL worth it! Food & drink available, nothing fancy, but perfectly fine. Also has bathrooms & lockers.

2  Thank Hilary A
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was a nice snorkeling trip even on a cloudy day and the water a little rough. We were able to bring our young twins to play on the beach while older family(cousins and brother) were able to snorkle.

2  Thank shanann
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Baths is a must-see while in the British Virgin Islands. During my first visit twenty years ago, I was on a tour boat from the US Virgin Islands. We dove off the boat, swam to shore, and hiked among the boulders to a spot where we jumped off a cliff into the water. The second time, we took a ferry from Tortola and spent the day lolling on the beach. The third time, our cruise ship was moored, so we arrived in town by motor launch, took a taxi to the Baths, and spent the day on the beach. You need to hike down a sandy rocky path to get there. After spending some time on the beach, I left my husband napping on the sand, and hiked through the boulders to Devil's Bay alone because my very tall "senior" husband would not have been comfortable bending and climbing to get through the boulders to Devil's Bay. It was a fantastic experience, even though I felt totally out of shape. I left everything on the beach with my husband, took my camera and water shoes, and that was it! You must bend real low to pass through certain areas and climb up steep ladders to get to other sections. The view of Devil's Bay on the other side was spectacular. I wish I could have stayed and spent more time. I returned the same way through the boulders as I did not know if it was possible to take a different and easier path back to the Baths. You do have to be careful swimming at the Baths because if the sea is rough, you could be thrown into the many boulders under the water. It is a fabulous place to photograph and very different from the typical Caribbean beach. Afterwards we took a taxi tour of the island which is absolutely gorgeous and should be included as part of a day trip here.

2  Thank laureldg
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having been to the baths 3-4 times, I recommend no flip flops. There is some hking and climbing up and down ladders. Take a camera too!

2  Thank Sheryl M