“Yuck!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Lexington, Kentucky
“Yuck!”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

The drinks here are good, the food is not. If you are an adult partier, there is a fresh water pool at the restaurant that may appeal to you. However, this did not appeal to us. The food was by far the worst we had on the island. We only ordered appetizers, and decided to go elsewhere for lunch because they were not good. We had conch fritters from five different restaurants while in Virgin Gorda. Hands down, these were the worst. Go to Mad Dogs next door instead of Top of the Baths. The view is nice, but thats about it.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank l0well01

USA
“Great location”
Reviewed July 1, 2011

The location can't be beat, and the pool is awfully nice after a day at the Baths and the hike back up the hill. Drinks seemed to be somewhat reasonable, but the food (although tasty) was over-priced.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank KAP
NY
“Good for Lunch at Baths”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Good food, a little expensive, but priced comparable with any place on island. Drinks were excellent and cost between 6 and 8. Free WiFi and service was good. Would probably not recommend for Dinner. We both got wraps and enjoyed them.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank TheDave1022
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Great place for a quick lunch....”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stopped in for a late lunch after we'd been at the beach most of the morning...they had a good array of sandwiches, wish they would have had more salad offereings...

but the sandwiches they had were great, although I will say the service leaves a bit to be desired....however you have to remember Island time...

They had the pool you could swim in while you were waiting for lunch, before or after...nice touch

• Visited February 2011
Canada
“Fantasic view, tasty food, great service, pool, sunsets & free WiFi!”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Our villa (Las Brisas Casita) was very close to here, so we ate at the Top of the Baths twice, but it should have been more. Really enjoyed their food! Our 1st time for lunch I had the Jerk Chicken on a bun with potato salad (you can choose your side). It was $13.95. Chicken was tasty & juicy, the bun was fresh, lightly toasted and big, came with lettuce & tomato. Potato salad was delish!

Hubby got a burger & fries, for $12.95. He liked it enough to order it again on our 2nd visit - (boring I know - even though I told him the chicken was awesome). My 2nd time I got the Mahi Mahi & potato salad. This fish was outstanding! Very lightly battered & so moist & yummy, there were 4 pieces.. Came with a tasty dipping sauce too.

Our service was wonderful, it was never busy in any place we were at (time of year I guess) so we always chatted it up with the staff. No one who works in VG is actually from VG! Most from Trinidad or Grenada, other various islands.
Our 2nd time we had actually tried to to eat at Mad Dogs 1st - but she wouldn't serve us at 5:25 pm - even though she was open til 6? She had put everything away - bla, bla. So I was kinda ticked, as now our $8 plate of food at Mad Dogs would be more like $25 - $30 because Top of the Baths switches to another pricier menu for dinner. So I walk in there & wine about Mad Dogs to the waiter & asked if we could still order off the lunch menu (its before 6). He says no - BUT the 2 ladies by the bar heard all this & they knew us from a couple days prior at lunch, so they said it was fine. So I was happy to have our meal only be $30 total, instead of $30 each! That being said I'm sure they have lovely dinner items - I'm just cheap! :)

The view is super (I'm posting lots of pics). There are lots of tables inside, to get out of the sun, or lots of comfy wicker furniture to eat on outside, its all open concept. The bar is big & the murals of sealife done around place give it some extra life.
The pool is a wonderful thing to have & if our house didn't have a pool, I would have been in Top of the Baths probably daily!
The sunsets from up here over the water are amazing.
We were aware that most BVI restaurants include the 15% tip to your bill & the Top of the Baths is no exception, so just realize this, so you don't tip twice, unless you want to!

Remember the bonus of FREE Wifi!

• Visited May 2011