“Good Food and Service - Nice Pool!”
Review of Top of the Baths

Top of the Baths
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Virgin Gorda
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We had lunch here one day after going to Devil's Bay. The food and drinks are good and the service is very attentive. The pool is available for a dip as well. I ate here on a day trip once and ordered the same thing - coconut chicken fingers - yummy!

1  Thank saffie11
There are newer reviews for Top of the Baths

Reviewed April 15, 2011

My husband and I took a day trip over to see The Baths from St. John. We had lunch here and it was so good! We shared the conch fritters which we both thought were the best we had, they were actually full of conch! They had a BBQ special that day (Sunday) so I had the BBQ chicken that came with potato salad. Okay, the potato salad was a bit bland but the chicken was so juicy and the BBQ sauce was really tasty. My husband had the coconut shrimp and they were excellent. The view is amazing and there is a small pool you can use if you so desire. My only complaint was that they had a band playing and while they were good the music was way too loud. Other than that, great place!!

1  Thank Sdenzel
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I will get right to the point-- my husband, 2 year old daughter and I recently had the very unfortunate experience of eating lunch here on the FIRST day of our 6 day stay on Virgin Gorda. We all started feeling symptoms of food poising a few hours after our meal, such that we didn't have dinner that night. Sure enough, we all woke up in the middle of the night, vomiting from the coconut chicken wrap.

We had nothing for breakfast so our stomaches were empty . There is no chance this was coincidental or a stomach virus as not only did we all come down with symptoms within hours of eachother, but also proportionate to the amount of the wrap we ate. My husband devoured his and was most sick and I actually thought it didn't taste right after a few bites and stopped eating it and luckily my daughter only had a piece of chicken from the wrap.

Sad to say, we were sick with nausea, diarehea and felt lethargic for the next 5 days of our trip. Only the last day did we even start to think of eating normal food again. Obviously a HUGE dissapointment for a trip we'd been planning for a year.

Clearly the restaurant is pushing the limits when it comes to food sanitation. Our guess was that since it was a mayonnaise based wrap, it was prone to going bad and clearly wasn't well managed. Ofcourse who knows, but whatever the case, hopefully this review will inspire the restaurant to take food sanitation more seriously and spare anyone else this experience.

1  Thank Lisbeth23
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We stopped to get some lunch before going to the baths. It was the off season so it wasn't very crowded. We ordered a chicken sandwich showing a price of $13 and a burger showing a price of $12. Food was OK and it's BVI so we didn't think we could avoid paying $13 for a $6 burger but when we got the bill, it was apparent that you cannot go by the menu. The $13 sandwich was $13.95 and the $12 burger was $12.95. The menu did NOT specify a required gratuity but my wife and I were charged a 15% gratuity. I know it's not much to pay extra but it's just the lack of integrity in the establishment that burns me.

Reviewed July 28, 2010

I opted for a hot meal rather and a cold drink at the pool here. I ordered the jerk chicken sandwich and was rewarded with a nice spicy treat. My wife got a burger which was as normal as you'd hope it to be. I'd say the food is slightly above average but the prices are too high. Beers were 4 bucks a pop, a little over average for the BVI. But then again this is your best option at the Baths. The pool is a nice place to cool off while waiting for your food!

2  Thank andrewvargo