“Really great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rock Cafe

Rock Cafe
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Virgin Gorda
Cuisines: Caribbean, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Amongst the famous Virgin Gorda's boulders with waterfalls cascading down. Incredible natural setting. New addition: the Treehouse restaurant. A walk through nature for an experience ABOVE IT ALL !!!
Oklahoma
“Really great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

The outdoor area of this restaurant is amazing. You dine on multi level decks amongst giant boulders. Food was really wonderful. We had the pizza, multiple appetizers and one night tried the lobster. Everyone's food was wonderful. Staff was attentive and really nice to our children.
Sam's Piano Bar (in the indoor portion) was a great place. A virtual party erupted around us with people dancing and singing everywhere....what a fun place.

Dallas, Texas
“EXTREMELY Overpriced for Mediocre Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

Rock Cafe was recommended to my wife and I for a special occasion. We made a reservation to sit at their private table outside. The ambiance is nice, situated among large rocks with nice outdoor scenery. The food, on the other hand, is mediocre at best. I had a pasta dish. My wife had fish. Both were exceedingly average, a step or two below what you might find at an Olive Garden but at about 3 times the price. They were also out of several selections, including the cheese plate appetizer, everything lobster, and everthing tuna.

To top it off (and I'll admit my ignorance of Virgin Gorda taxes partially contributed to this issue) the server deliberately misled me that the "Tax" line on the bill was really a tax, when in fact there is NO TAX on restaurants in Virgin Gorda. They added in 15% as the SERVICE CHARGE. I specifically asked the server what the tax rate was and was told 15%, which I thought was high, but hey, what did I know. That server lied to me to get a double tip, which is not an insignificant amount for a bill in the triple digits.

My recommendation is not to bother eating at this restaurant. If you want the atmosphere, just go hang out and have a couple of drinks. The inside piano bar is decent.

1 Thank Banon8
New Bern, North Carolina
“Best Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

We visited the Rock Cafe twice. Our first visit was late in the evening for dessert. Even though we were only having dessert and coffee we were seated in the upper area among the rocks and next to the waterfall. The food and atmosphere were so nice we returned for dinner. Again, we had a delicious meal, attentive service and lovely atmosphere. On a third occasion, we stopped in a picked up a pizza "to go". The pizza oven turns out pizza on every evening but Monday. A definite "must" on your visit to Virgin Gorda.

Chicago, Illinois
“Good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

This is a little differnt that what I expected when we walked in. It is kind of a lounge to the right with some random picutres on the walls. To the left there are some tables and a decent size bar. If you want a table, make sure you ask to be seated outside in the rocks. There is a huge rock formation behind the restaurant where they have set up tables on top of and between.

I had a grilled Mahi and my sister had some fresh made gnocchi. Both were VERY good. The wine selection isn't the best. Their very best wine was a Penfolds cabernet for about $60.

It was casual dining with good food.

http://www.bvidining.com/ is the website

Paris, Illinois
“We Love the people, we love the place, we love the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2009

Another vacation to Virgin Gorda greatly enhanced by the Rock Cafe. Of course, we eat there every time we go so we are becoming sort of like a small family with the staff, which is remarkable. Yes the food is expensive. Get over it! everything else on VG is expensive too. Consider that each and every item gets shipped over from another island or country by a diesel boat and you'll get the prices. That being said, the food is superb, the atmosphere amongst the boulders is charming and romantic, and the staff are eager to help and happy to accommodate. They even let me shake my own martinis, and made my wife her favorite drink- The Old Rock Sunset, even though they quite making it in favor of the New Rock Sunset years ago. William the host is great. Simon the Bartender is attentive, interesting, and entertaining. Pallina, the hostess/ manageress is a real Italian Charmer. Ask for Jaquie to be your waitress and you will be most pleased the entire evening, and want for nothing. Nothing else but great things to say.