“A place you don't want to miss!”
Review of Mine Shaft Cafe

Mine Shaft Cafe
Ranked #17 of 38 Restaurants in Virgin Gorda
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I dined at the Mine Shaft Cafe' for dinner on our last night at Virgin Gorda. I ordered the grouper and it came with a fried plantain, seasoned rice and steamed veggies. The sauce on the grouper was SO amazing!! The service was very good and timely. The best part of the experience was watching the sunset! This would be a perfect place to eat and be sure to arrive by 5:30 or so to make sure you watch the sunset around 6 p.m. The food was SO delicious and the atmosphere was amazing!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We love the ribs at Hog Heaven but the Mine Shaft's are even better, and their fries and plantains are better too. Service is casual and chatty. The view of the sunset is pretty hard to beat. Prices are reasonable for what you get. We were first here over a year and a half ago and I think this place has only gotten better since then. Definitely recommended!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

went there for a drink an appetizers. There were three families there. Perhaps more people went at lunch- do not know.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed dinner at the Mine Shaft Cafe. Food was good, service was very good, and the view was very nice as well. We were hoping for an amazing sunset view but the clouds obscured it somewhat. However, we enjoyed watching all those chickens roost for the night. If you have kids, make sure you visit the Mine Shaft Cafe, They will love watching the chickens at sunset.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I thought the meals were a little overpriced. The restaurant itself was clean, the staff was friendly, the service was quick. I wish I would have taken a photo of the bar. It was nicely designed. It was a little below floor level so the bartenders were more of eye level with the customers. I've included two photos. One is of the chickens that climb the trees at night to sleep. While eatting dinner the trees next to us started shaking, and then we noticed a bunch of chickens in them.