“Best Meal”

Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Virgin Gorda
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have to say the best place on the island is Chez Bamboo. The portions were substantial and the prices were less than the other restaurants we visited. Try the chocolate lava cake-it is to die for!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We almost didn't go in because from the outside it was so plain, almost lacking in curb appeal. But the inside is like being in Bali and the food is excellent, from appetizers to dessert. Rose, the owner, certainly knows how to make one feel like an old friend, without being in your face.

2  Thank Aurora45_13
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our first stop for food and a night out in Virgin Gorda paradise. The people, the service was absolutely on point. Incredible atmosphere. The dinning area and bar was welcoming with tropical flowers and rythmetic, soothing live music by Levi John. You'll definitely leave the restaurant singing his tune, memorized by his infectious knack for ensuring a good time. I highly recommend Chez Bamboo... for family outting and a romantic night for just the two of you. Can't wait to go back. Ask for Rose :)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

One of our favorite places so far on Virgin Gorda. We shared Caribbean Sunset roll for appetizer, my husband had grouper wrapped in parchment for main course, and I had Cajun BBQ Shrimp. My husband had one of the signature cocktails of the establishment: Spanish Town Girl, and I had a couple of glasses of very nice Italian Pinot Grigio. Husband had his first tour driving home from town after dark, so was being relatively temperate in the alcohol dept. He had Creme Catalan (similar to Creme brûlée) for dessert, and I had Calypso Coffee (remarkably similar to Irish Coffee). Decor and Ambience: A+. Leonard was our main waiter, and he was tops. There was a nice bar area off to the side with very few patrons (Monday night?), so this looked like a good place to stop for after dinner drinks if one had dined elsewhere.

1  Thank Maggie P
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our family of 5 ate here last night, had delicious soups-- potato leek and also lobster bisque. My husband had the whole lobster, I had grouper, kids had curried lobster and Asian noodles with chicken- all were very tasty! The wine list was amazing for Virgin Gorda and the prices very fair for the island. Service was friendly and the owner, Rose came over to visit with us. We will come back! Live music added to the ambience.

1  Thank amarone6