We spent a lovely week-end at the Relais. Usually, Relais Chateaux can get very stiffy and boring. San Maurizio is a well spared out old monastery, set in a very beautiful part of Piedmont country side. With autumn colours glowing in the sunshine and truffle season hits it best, the place is gorgeous. Even if the hotel is full, you don't run often into other customers and it gives you a sense of freedom. The service is charming. The restaurant in the basement is amazing. The spa is also quite beautiful despite average massages. Overall experience was great and I would love to come back summer time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais San Maurizio is a unique, unforgettable place. Refined and romantic, it is the ideal place for a true time of wellness, relaxation, soothing the senses and the spirit. An unexpected, happy discovery. The frescoed halls, the 31 rooms with unique decorations, the gardens and the park with centuries-old trees are all truly enchanting. The large outdoor swimming pool at the top of the hill provides a 360° view of the surrounding landscape. The hotel is also home to the Michelin starred 'di Guido da Costigliole' restaurant and the exclusive 'La Via del Sale' Medical & Beauty SPA. It is a partner of the Relais & Chateaux chain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Relais San Maurizio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais San Maurizio Hotel Santo Stefano Belbo
- Relais San Maurizio Italy/Santo Stefano Belbo, Piedmont