“good and inexpensive”

D Coalpot BVI Restaurant Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in West End
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: D"CoalPotBVI offering a great dining experience featuring mouthwatering caribbean splices for your palate's delight.
Toronto, Canada
“good and inexpensive”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

friendly staff, lovely outdoor setting, good food that was served quickly as well as something for the vegetarian in the crowd...excellent key lime pie

Visited July 2014

North Carolina
“Hands down one of the best new restaurants on the island!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

D"Coalpot is truly a hidden gem! It was recommended and so glad we found it! We all loved our dishes ordered and their watermelon salad was amazing. Read the rest of the reviews because I would be typing all that they have shared!!!

Providence, Rhode Island
“Great birthday dinner!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This newly opened restaurant is tucked behind a hotel. Thankfully a local told me to check it out!! Amazing food!! And the display of the food was like I was in a 5 star New York city restaurant!! Very nice!! Highly recomment!

Visited July 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“Best Food on Tortola...... seriously”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This little gem, located by Little Apple Bay on the North West side of Tortola, is a must for anyone visiting Tortola in my humble opinion. We were staying at Sebastian's on the Beach (close to The Bomba Shack) and eating at the Hotel's restaurant for every meal. On our second or third day there I asked our taxi driver (who had lived on Tortola since he was born in 1945) what the best local place to eat was. He responded with out hesitation that is was D'Coalpot and we were staying right next to it. The next evening our group decided to head over for dinner as we had pretty much exhausted the hotel's restaurant menu. The front of the restaurant doesn't look like much. In fact it is not very inviting at all. However, I beg you to just walk in. Once you do you will see that there is a beautiful dinning room with bar and an even more amazing back garden patio. Our group of four were immediately sat at a table on the garden patio and had someone welcoming us and asking for our drink orders almost immediately. Now this sounds pretty basic, but we were not so lucky at our Hotel Restaurant where the wait staff acted as if they were almost up set that we were there. So this was a big deal. The service was great and the prices reasonable. The food, however.... the food was spectacular. We did not have even a mediocre thing there..... and we went back every night for dinner for the rest of our trip. The coconut fried shrimp and wings as apps were great. The Roti and the pork chop are huge and amazingly flavored. Their fish was perfectly cooked and you could tell that all their dishes have a deep rooted history. However, their best entree is the Coconut Curry Chicken. Many in our group had this over and over because it was so amazing. Anyway, to sumarize: don't let the front intimidate you. Go in and be pleasantly surprised at the beautiful restaurant, kind wait staff, and spectacular food. It is a MUST every time I return to the island.

Arlington, Virginia
“Amazing food, Amazing service”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My only disappointment from our trip to Tortola was that we didn't eat EVERY dinner here!! Our group found this little gem our last 2 nights and were so happy we did. The staff was super friendly, which was a pleasant surprise from the staff where we had been eating most dinners (Sebastian's and Bananakeet). I wish I remembered the name of the server we had both nights because she was just a treat to have around and she remembered our order from the night before, which I found impressive. Everything we got was delicious; not a single complaint about a thing!

We started off with the coconut fried shrimp and jerk chicken wings as an appetizer. The shrimp had the most delightful flavor and the chicken meat just fell off those bones. Each appetizer came with 4 pieces, which was perfect for our group of 4, but to be honest, I could've eaten 4 plates by myself!! I got the same thing both nights (I know, should've ventured out but it was just THAT amazing) and ordered the coconut curry chicken dish. OMG...I've never tasted anything quite like it!! Our table also ordered the conch roti (a special of the evening), curry crusted snapper, grilled mahi, and the jerk rubbed pork chop....all were absolutely AMAZING!! All entrees were served with their delicious coleslaw, rice, and veggie of the day (our first night it was fried plantains and they were the BEST)!

Just writing this review is making me wish I could eat dinner there tonight! Next time we're in the BVI we will definitely be back to D'Coal Pot. Anyone traveling to Tortola should 100% add this to their list!! Don't be turned away if you think the outside looks a little too local; they have the cutest little back patio that transports you to a tropical garden.