“Good, not great.”

Mystique Day Sails BVI
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Mystique Charters: Two time annual winners of a prestigious award, voted by BVI businesses and the local community as the "Best BVI Day Sails" for 2012 and 2013 -Virgin Islands Property & Yacht Readers Choice Awards. Offering Luxury Day Sailing Catamarans departing from Sopers Hole Marina in the West End of the island, Tortola. Our fleet of luxury day boats provide safety and comfortable seating for every guest, lots of space and stability. A shaded cockpit provides shelter from the sun whilst large deck areas and trampolines allow for sunbathing and relaxation. Appointed with bathrooms and change rooms, Mystique provides guests total comfort and privacy. There is a swim ladder at each stern for easy access in and out of the water. Snorkel equipment is provided on board and is available for every person over 8 years of age. Our daily trips all include onboard open bar. Enjoy unbeatable rates and an unmatchable product. Experience the most popular and sort after BVI destinations such as Norman Island, Jost Van Dyke, and The Baths. Also offering Private Day Charters and Sunset Cruises as well as Weddings, Special Events and Corporate Group Charters. We invite you to join us aboard MYSTIQUE along with our friendly and professional crews and Live Your day Dream...
Reviewed February 17, 2017

We were a party of 5, and did a day sail to Jost van Dyke with another party of 4. A beautiful day, even if the water was choppy enough that snorkeling wasn't possible. The crew was helpful enough, but lacked the level of hospitality that we've experienced on other day sails. Not aware of current beach conditions at Salty Spit, where the previously sandy entrance to the beach had eroded to coral rock, so when we werewere advised that we wouldn't need surf shoes to go in, it was painfully wrong, and the captain was surprised when we came back with bruises and scrapes. No offer of neosporin to treat injuries. In the grand scheme of things, we had an overall good day, but we weren't all that impressed with either the boat or the crew.

2  Thank emmajane7
in 31 reviews
"turtles"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed January 26, 2017

It takes 8 minimum to take the boat out for the day on a snorkel tour. There were 4 in our party and we waited for a email to confirm for the following morning. They said they had 4 more who were waiting for another party to join them to make up the 8 minimum. The response was not timely. Matt was our captain and Andrew was the first mate. They were the best. They could have just drove the catamaran as most do but they put up the sails and we skipped quietly through the sea. We snorkeled 2 of the normal spots( the Indian's and Norman Island caves) and stopped at a free floating boat for lunch.( Willy T's) We each bought our lunch and drinks and since we were a small group and experienced snorkelers we found a third spot with fans 5' tall.

1  Thank ricko497
Reviewed May 13, 2016

I have sailed on the Mystique for 10 years. I have seen a number of changes in staff. It is always a wonderful day filled with fun and beauty. I have been out over 40 times since I have a villa on the Island. I highly recommend it.it us always a pleasure. My only recommendation is to keep it intimate not too crowed as that totally changes the peaceful feel.

Reviewed April 20, 2016

I've been to many fun places, but this took the prize. The entire day, from booking, to staff and facilities were amazing. Everyone was super helpful and made sure you had a great time. We did this excursion coming from a cruise and I didn't think I wanted to get off a boat to get on another, but I am SO glad we did. My kids said this was their favorite part of the entire week. The beaches are the most beautiful you've ever seen and JVD is not to be missed. Hanging at The Soggy Dollar while the kids played in the water was fun for everyone!