Review Highlights
Perfect Daysail to Norman Island

We enjoyed a daysail to Norman Island. After a leisurely sail, we arrived at the caves to snorkel... read more

Reviewed June 2, 2017
pirategeorge1
Scituate, Massachusetts
via mobile
Great crew, amazing day!

Matt, Kenetha, and Marie were the kindest, most hospitable, and fun crew we could have ever hoped... read more

Reviewed March 23, 2017
Jessica S

All reviews norman island caves pirates lunch bvi turtles
Reviewed January 9, 2016 via mobile

Had a great day on this sailboat. We went with 10 people all strangers but we all got to know one another. We went snorkeling and to lunch at the Soggy Dollar. Blade was a great captain and so was his first mate. I can't remember her name but she was adorable and made great Painkiller drinks.

Reviewed November 20, 2015

This was our first stop on our Southern Caribbean Cruise. The check in process for the snorkel trip was handled smoothly and with smiles from the staff. Upon boarding the catamaran, it was evident the boat was well maintained. The sunshield (aka rain cover in our case) was up which helped keep us dry. The captain and first mate were so welcoming and attentive. Though the snorkel at the Indians and Caves was a bit rough due to weather conditions, we enjoyed the adventure. After a tasty lunch at Willy T's, we continued the trip. It was a great excursion away from the cruise boat crowds. I definitely recommend Mystique Day Sails

Reviewed November 19, 2015

Our cruise ship had a stop on Tortola and my 2 girlfriends and I were looking for a boat/snorkel trip. The #1 and #2 boat tours on TA were booked and I found Mystique by accident. Allison responded to my email immediately and the staff and crew were wonderful every step of the way. Captain Stuart and first mate Louise were professional, energetic and great hosts. The boat was spacious and very clean and they provided good quality snorkel gear. We were lucky that there were only 7 of us that day and we became instant friends with the 2 other couples onboard. One of the couples was on our cruise and we ran into them throughout the week which was nice! While there were times of heavy rain, we were able to snorkel at both the Caves and Indians. The snorkeling was average for the Caribbean, which I always find a bit disappointing. But I have lived in Hawaii and been diving on the Great Barrier Reef so my opinion may not be the norm. I have found Roatan to be my favorite snorkel/dive in the Caribbean, but I have not snorkeled the best rated islands like Belize, Caymans or Bonaire. I must add that there were jellyfish at both sites. They say these don't sting, but they do. They don't have tentacles and the sting is really not bad and goes away within an hour. You can avoid them as they are easy to see and are floating singly. Don't let that stop you as they were not a real problem and you will miss out on enjoying the snorkeling and beautiful blue water. In between snorkeling sessions we had lunch at Willy T's. Be sure to bring cash as this is not included. The food and service were great and the beach and setting was beautiful. I would recommend a day trip on Mystique to anyone while visiting Tortola!

1  Thank GardenG1rl
Reviewed September 7, 2015

Took a mid week day charter with Mystique in July. Visited Norman, the Caves, Pirate Bites, Willy T and The Indians.

I have been on a couple of other day charters and Mystique is the BEST!! Absolutely perfect day sail - start to finish! The boats are the newest, cleanest and best equipped. The catamaran we were on was also the largest I have sailed on and was very stable. Lots of snorkeling gear in new condition. Easy water access from the back of the cat. made snorkeling and swimming very comfortable. Refreshments were unlimited with crew member Dominic serving the best painkillers we had during our trip!

The staff of Mystique really sets it apart from the others (especially Aristocat). They were so friendly and behaved as though every one on board was an old friend that they were happy to spend the day with. They completely understand that theirs is a service business and earned their well deserved tips at the end of the sail.

During off season, you have to be a bit flexible as there are less people making bookings. All the charter outfits seem a bit more relaxed with the reservation process during off season as well, but Mystique sent me emails with updates on a regular basis.

I will be sailing exclusively with Mystique on all my future visits to Tortola!

Reviewed May 28, 2015

We did a day sail on Mystique I and ran into people from BIG country so we had a boat full of Buckeyes and Spartans. With "Captain Jack" at the helm and "Blade" as firstmate, we headed out to the Indians and Caves. After some great snorkeling, they opened up the rum punch as we sailed on to the Willy T. where fun was had by all. Unbelievably smooth trip back!! A fun trip thanks to the crew and new found friends!!

I hope to see the "OH" - "IO" people later this year -- when Sparty comes to town to lay claim to the BIG title.

GO GREEN!!