“Meh but good pancakes”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Houston
“Meh but good pancakes”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was good. Dinner however...they focused too much on presentation and not in the execution of the actual dish. My husband ordered the lobster dish and didn't know half of the things on the plate (none very good). I had the swordfish which looked like pork chops which didn't seem normal. I couldn't even finish half of my entree. The clubhouse salad was the only highlight of the night but not worth paying that much money for.

• Visited July 2013

Warren, Ohio
“Very good food, lovely restaurant & setting”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our family really enjoyed our meals here. The food presentation was beautiful & flavorful. I had grouper that was delicious. The chocolate crepes for dessert were great. The portions were large. My husband had a filet that he enjoyed. They accommodated children well also.

• Visited June 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Great food! Big meal!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Oh yeah this restaurant is worth visiting if you are in Tortola!! Its quiet, romantic, and the food is absolutely delicious!!! Maybe put some mozzie repellant on but well worth it!! YUMMMO!

Visited May 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Wow!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

From the location, setting and the food by far my favorite meal on the island. The presentation and the flavor and portion size was absolutely amazing. I actually prefer this place over the Sugar Mill do to a more relaxed atmosphere and portion size. I had for an Wahoo the fish was presented and tasted incredible. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Will surely be a return visit next year.

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Lovely dinner, warm service, elegant restaurant.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had our last dinner in Tortola at the Clubhouse and were happy to end our trip there. After a bit of lurking around the dark sign-less grounds to try to find the restaurant, we found the lit path and made our way up to the balcony dining area overlooking the pool and the beach. Friendly service, we were greeted by the chef and the bartender in addition to the wait staff, and the dining area was very tasteful and well-designed. The food was good, carefully prepared, and elegantly presented. The flavor profiles on some dishes seemed a bit over-thought and fussy (my tuna dish had everything from peppers to parsnips to yams to tomatoes to olives) but overall the dishes were tasty. My husband's fresh snapper was the best dish he had all week. Stick to the fresh local seafood (seems to be the rule of thumb in the Caribbean) and you can't go wrong.

• Visited May 2013