My boyfriend and I stayed at Frenchman's the beginning of December. Michelle had set us up with the "Sail & Stay" package, where we sailed on a sailboat for the first 4 nights of our vacation, and then stayed at Frenchman's for the latter 4 nights. Michelle set up everything, including the charter, so that when we arrived on Tortola we went directly to the marina and our sailing portion would begin. I highly recommend this combo, as the sailboat is really the best way to explore the BVI.
When at Frenchman's the latter 4 nights, we stayed in the Star Fruit 1 bedroom cottage. We were very impressed with our cottage! It has everything you need to feel at home, and is very clean and stylish. This particular cottage has the well-equipped kitchen (was even stocked with a bottle of wine, water, and chocolate when we arrived), dining room/living room and porch on the 1st floor, and the bedroom and bathroom on the 2nd floor. The views from our cottage were spectacular. Our only complaint about the cottage is that there were many mosquitos, so we got bit quite a lot. They do however provide OFF! in the cottages which is a nice touch.
The grounds were beautiful and we enjoyed the pool and the ocean. They provide kayaks which we used one afternoon, which were fun to swim around and look at the sea life (wear water shoes, its rocky). The rate includes breakfast which we found to be great. Chef Paul includes 3 items on the menu each morning which changes daily and we found it to be the perfect start to our day. We only ate at the restaurant one night for dinner, but it was excellent. We did go there for happy hour a couple of times however which we really enjoyed. They had $2 fish tacos and $3 mojitos each night as the happy hour special.
I strongly suggest renting a car. The resort is within walking distance to Soper's Hole Marina, which is great, but you're going to want to explore the island more and can only do that by car (Michelle can arrange this for you). We were happy however that we were staying on the West End after exploring the island- we just found it to be more quaint in that area.
Michelle really provides exceptional customer service, which is why I believe this property really stands out (beyond its natural beauty). We booked our trip 8 months in advance, and she was always available when we had questions, and she would be very available when we eventually got onsite to answer questions, set up more day trips etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frenchmans is a hidden jewel located on Frenchman's Cay on the southwest coast of the island of Tortola. Set on a dramatic point, we capture the welcoming turquoise waters of the Caribbean and its trade winds. Each of our nine private villas embodies an exquisite elegance, set amidst flourishing gardens with our own private pool, beach and tennis court. Our palette of luxury services including massage, secretarial and concierge ensures your stay will be as care free and indulgent as possible. Private villas include fully-equipped kitchens, ample living spaces, air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and two or more balconies. Stunning panoramic views, soothing interior design and cool breezes set your body and soul at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Frenchmans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frenchmans Hotel West End
- Frenchmans Tortola/West End