My wife and I have been to the British Virgin Islands a number of times and, while we have loved the island, have been frustrated by the properties and/or customer service on Tortola. I found an entirely different experience during my recent stay at Frenchman's.
The location itself was not only phenomenally beautiful, but the rooms were immaculately furnished and decorated without any of the tasteless "island decorations" that you find in other hotels. It was also near the first ferry stop from St. Thomas, which made it especially convenient for us to get to the hotel. Our last experience had us leaving from the main downtown area, which is not tourist friendly, and taking a long taxi drive across the island with someone who may or may not have had a driver's license.
More than the beautiful property was the exceptional service provided by Michelle. She catered to our every need, making sure our room was stocked to our likings. She also went to great lengths to plan activities to our liking. Don't get me wrong, I love the beach, but I can only sit there for so long (limin' as the say in the islands!). Previously, we had gone scuba diving with We Be Divin'. It was a terrible experience. The boat broke down and the divemaster was...well...enjoying island life! Fortunately, this time Michelle recommended Blue Water Divers and it was phenomenal. In fact, all of her planning resulted in the best vacation we have had to the British Virgin Islands!
Unfortunately, at the time, their restaurant was not open which would have been convenient. My understanding is that it will open soon. Nonetheless, Michelle went out of her way to make reservations at hotels around the island and arrange transportation.
Thank you Michelle!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frenchmans is a hidden jewel located on Frenchman's Cay on the southwest coast of the island of Tortola. Set on a dramatic point, we capture the welcoming turquoise waters of the Caribbean and its trade winds. Each of our nine private villas embodies an exquisite elegance, set amidst flourishing gardens with our own private pool, beach and tennis court. Our palette of luxury services including massage, secretarial and concierge ensures your stay will be as care free and indulgent as possible. Private villas include fully-equipped kitchens, ample living spaces, air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and two or more balconies. Stunning panoramic views, soothing interior design and cool breezes set your body and soul at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Frenchmans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frenchmans Hotel West End
- Frenchmans Tortola/West End