Frenchmans
Hotels.com
$210
$204
Hotels.com
All reviewssoper's holeour honeymoonevery morningrental carsugar appleday sailwest end ferrysmall resortbreakfast was includedprivate beachbedroom villalow key resortfull kitchendietary restrictionsthe sir francis drakeair conditionednorman island
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We shared a villa with friends in November and we all agreed that Frenchmans was beyond our expectations. What a lovely place with incredible views and a wonderful staff with many thanks to Chris and Lucilla!! They made us feel right at home with their gracious hospitality. The breakfast and dinners were delicious. I would highly recommend Frenchmans and we plan to come back for another stay

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Perched on a hillside overlooking the sea, this setting of 9 villas with spectacular views of sun rays against water and incredible backdrops of mountains is a gem. The villas have great furnishings, good art (tastefully decorated), lovely layouts and tons of room... Add a cast of amazing staff and you're at home away on vacation. My sister, niece and nephew shared the same experience. It was incredible to spend time at Frenchmans. We were looking for more of a quiet facility for our vacation and in Frenchmans, we found just that. After we arrived and settled in, the realization of our own private slice of paradise tucked away in Tortola was very hard to miss. Major thanks to Chris, Nadia, Julisa and the housekeeping crew for making this a memorable experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank al_from_alberta
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My wife and I just finished our wonderful 7-night stay at Frenchmans. The unit was very comfortable and spacious with beautiful views of the water. The complimentary breakfasts prepared by Chef Paul were also first rate. Dinners at the Clubhouse were also delicious and fairly priced. I would highly recommend staying here to all couples looking for a romantic getaway or for a quiet vacation with access to beautiful beaches.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Joe M
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I just returned from Frenchmans after a short trip. We loved the property. The restaurant was closed because we were there during off season. While we would have liked to try the restaurant, we were not put out in anyway. I wouldn't classify Frenchmans as a "resort"; it's more like a dream vacation community. If you are looking for a sprawling resort ala the Ritz, Westin, Etc. you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a unique, charming cottage style destination, then you will be in heaven.

We stayed in Sugar Apple and loved it.

Tips-

1. Rent a Jeep or a 4 wheel drive vehicle. You must explore this amazing island and a Jeep is the only way to go.

2. Hit Jolly Rogers for a meal and drinks-the food is great, the drinks are strong, and the owner (Jim) is as friendly as they come.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank needtohitlotto
Reviewed September 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed in July with friends in a 2 bedroom villa. All four of us agreed that we'll be back next year. Chris was great and can't say enough about the setting.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple