My husband and I stayed 7 nights at Frenchmans late Oct. of last year. This place is amazing! There is beauty everywhere you look. From beautiful plants to lovely beaches, I felt happy. We stayed in the Passion Fruit Cottage. It had the most stunning views from the livingroom and especially the balcony. It was nice to relax on the balcony at night after a long day of exploring. The sounds of the ocean and rocking in the egg chair felt great. Be sure to rent a vehicle to explore the island. The roads are very hilly on some parts of the island giving you stunning views and photo ops. Just becareful of other cars, the roads are sometimes very narrow. One day we drove into Road Town and took a 10am ferry over to The Baths on Virgan Gorda. This is a must-see place! We took the last ferry back at 6pm. My husband and I had the entire Baths to ourselves for the last hour. It was spectacular! On another day, we had Tortola Charters take us over to Jost Van Dyke and beautiful White Bay Beach. You can get food and drinks at Soggy Dollar Bar. The snorkeling was the best! I swam through what seemed like millions of little feeder fish, saw a lovely sting ray, huge carp, along with other tropical fish.
We enjoyed our stay at Frenchmans. They were only serving breakfast during our stay. Their breakfast was honestly the best food we had on the island. We ate at other places on the island and the food is ok, nothing special. And it's overpriced. It was nice to cook for ourselves sometimes. The kitchen was designed beautifully. There are grocery stores nearby to stock up. Whatever you do, don't forget to pack your toothbrush (like I did). Or you'll be paying $8.50 for one. Everything is pricey on this island.
All in all we had a great trip. Michelle and Chris were very accomodating and very nice. The only thing we didn't like was the man who kept staring at my husband and I one day while we swam in the beach area. It made us uncomfortable and unwelcome. I believe he was in charge of construction. Other than that, we really enjoyed staying at Frenchmans!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frenchmans is a hidden jewel located on Frenchman's Cay on the southwest coast of the island of Tortola. Set on a dramatic point, we capture the welcoming turquoise waters of the Caribbean and its trade winds. Each of our nine private villas embodies an exquisite elegance, set amidst flourishing gardens with our own private pool, beach and tennis court. Our palette of luxury services including massage, secretarial and concierge ensures your stay will be as care free and indulgent as possible. Private villas include fully-equipped kitchens, ample living spaces, air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and two or more balconies. Stunning panoramic views, soothing interior design and cool breezes set your body and soul at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Frenchmans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frenchmans Hotel West End
- Frenchmans Tortola/West End