My husband and I spent our honeymoon here, June 2011. We stayed in Star Fruit. The service was exceptional from the moment we inquired about accommodations until the end of our trip. Michelle, Chris and Nadia were immediately responsive to all our (many) questions and continued to be helpful throughout our stay. They picked us up from the West End ferry dock, had our car waiting for us on arrival, gave recommendations of beaches, restaurants, etc. and were kind in the process. The car was clean and new and they allowed us to leave it at the ferry dock when we left the island for our final departure.
The villa was very clean, soft towels, new sheets, bath towels, and beach towels were brought in each day and the villa was swept and straightened. There is air conditioning in the bedroom but it did a poor job of cooling the entire villa. This isn't too much of a problem if you're out of the house most of the time. The grounds are quiet at night and we were not bothered by any other guests.
The restaurant at the clubhouse was perfect. The "continental breakfast" was anything but. The chef had different options every morning and it was all amazing. Breakfast burritos, homemade bacon, Island french toast, pancakes, etc, all done with exceptional taste. There was also coffee and a small juice included.
We have nothing but positive things to say about our time at Frenchmans. Wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frenchmans is a hidden jewel located on Frenchman's Cay on the southwest coast of the island of Tortola. Set on a dramatic point, we capture the welcoming turquoise waters of the Caribbean and its trade winds. Each of our nine private villas embodies an exquisite elegance, set amidst flourishing gardens with our own private pool, beach and tennis court. Our palette of luxury services including massage, secretarial and concierge ensures your stay will be as care free and indulgent as possible. Private villas include fully-equipped kitchens, ample living spaces, air-conditioned bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and two or more balconies. Stunning panoramic views, soothing interior design and cool breezes set your body and soul at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Frenchmans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Frenchmans Hotel West End
- Frenchmans Tortola/West End